Glad Andy is well so far, hope he can be with us again when his health allows it, all the best from us all

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thinking about Andy and wishing him well.

. . . but, seriously, does anybody know anything recent?

Paj
8^?

I just had a real shock seeing that the Group Buy thread had disappeared and then I went to make sure the website was up and forgot that it was the shortened form of "homegrownsounds" so I got a message "This website is for sale..." and the blood drained from my face.

Then I remembered it's hgsounds, and found the site.

But there is no Andy here, and that doesn't seem good at all. I find it hard to imagine him willingly disappearing from us, so I am worried we lost him. I really hope I am wrong about this, but not hearing from him in so long and the thread being gone while the Group Buy is still showing on the website are not good signs.

Sending love to Andy wherever he is and hoping that he is going to rematerialize at some point....
Somewhere in the background zedd

Get a warning when trying to reach his homepage. It's no longer secure because of outdated certificates and whatever. Don't have a clue about these technicalities. But I'm scared. Seems it's over... What a pity!

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:51 pm Get a warning when trying to reach his homepage. It's no longer secure because of outdated certificates and whatever. Don't have a clue about these technicalities. But I'm scared. Seems it's over... What a pity!
Yeah... it's been like that for at least a couple of months.

I fear we lost him.

This was a particularly terrible year to have a medical emergency. :-(

zedd wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:13 am Yeah... it's been like that for at least a couple of months.

I fear we lost him.

This was a particularly terrible year to have a medical emergency. :-(
I did try a few weeks ago sending an email via the contact page on the site, but it seems to no longer exist.

I emailed him several weeks ago and never heard back. This is the first time that's happened so now I'm a bit worried. Let's hope he insulating and now having a relapse! Odd that there is no response of any kind.

killmaster wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:20 pm I emailed him several weeks ago and never heard back. This is the first time that's happened so now I'm a bit worried. Let's hope he insulating and now having a relapse! Odd that there is no response of any kind.
I emailed him yesterday. I went through heart surgery last year after a heart attack, so I know how long it took me to bounce back. Obviously, it is different or different people.

So we shall see if he gets back to me.

rollasoc wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:59 amSo we shall see if he gets back to me.
I really hope that he will. It would be a wonderful turn of events to know that he is still with us...

Slightly worrying, is I can't actually download any of my products from the site, it just goes to the same page but without any CSS. Tried on multiple machines and multiple browsers.

Update: UK fails, buffalo NY works. It wasn't earlier.

rollasoc wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:13 pm Slightly worrying, is I can't actually download any of my products from the site, it just goes to the same page but without any CSS. Tried on multiple machines and multiple browsers.

Might be a good idea if folks need a backup of anything, do it while some servers are still working. I don't think Andy would ever let these things slide unless something had happened to him. One of the things that worries me a lot, we know that people with Heart disease are a high risk group for Covid-19. Hoping for the best, but preparing to hear the worst. Whether he is simply unable to contact any of us, or if he is no longer with us, I am thankful for everything I have ever gotten from him.

Does anyone who has been more in touch with him over the years, know his full name, or where he lives? Don't need to post it here, but wondering if you could do a search for this info and see if there are any obits for him. I hope not. It would be a bit of comfort to know there are none.

lahazard wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:48 pmDoes anyone who has been more in touch with him over the years, know his full name, or where he lives? Don't need to post it here, but wondering if you could do a search for this info and see if there are any obits for him. I hope not. It would be a bit of comfort to know there are none.
I do have his surname name from e-mail correspondence I did with him a few years ago, so I don't think he was worried about keeping his full name a secret... it is Andy Medforth.

If I recall, from a post he made earlier this year, I believe he lives in the UK somewhere.

I did a quick search online and didn't see anything pop up... but I didn't go deep.

Fingers crossed that he returns one day and is fit, rejuvenated and ready to go. It's certainly possible, and I will keep hoping for such a surprise. We would all be thrilled, I'm sure.

If I remember correctly he's living in Hull.

I know these things might take long, long time to get better, especially in these days, but thats so unusual for Andy not to respond in anyway and not to keep track of his site.....Still hoping for a sign of life.....would be so sad to not even be able to say goodbye.

rollasoc wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:13 pm Slightly worrying, is I can't actually download any of my products from the site, it just goes to the same page but without any CSS. Tried on multiple machines and multiple browsers.

I was able to download all mine from Dallas server. Not sure if they would be the same for you there. I just overrode the security block for my browser (Chrome) and chose "keep".

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”