Free Sequential Style Vintage Repro-5 and Repro-1 Skins + NEW Prophet-6 Skin!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

abernathy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:20 am Thanks. I agree totally. I have updated the download. I'm going a bit blind looking at these skins... do you think the font colors look OK on the Repro-5 skins?
I remember RePro-5 looking ok. The colors were warmer and matched from my recollection. I can double check tomorrow afternoon and post back.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:08 am
abernathy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:30 am One thing I wanted to change but couldn't figure out was the EFFECTS/KEYS buttons in Repro-1. I wanted to make the "white" ones more neutral gray but I couldn't find where to change that. On Repro-5 they are on the Panes, but not in Repro-1.
The EFFECTS/KEYS buttons themselves are located in: data\images\animations\KeysFX Tab\.

That image folder is missing from your skin, so RePro will fallback to the default images. So if you want to change them, go to the RePro-1.data\data\images\animations\KeysFX Tab\ folder and copy that into your skins. Then just edit the copy of those images in your skin folder as needed.

If that's not what you're talking about please just post a screenshot pointing to exactly what you're talking about and we'll get you sorted.
That's exactly it. Thanks!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:09 am
abernathy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:20 am Thanks. I agree totally. I have updated the download. I'm going a bit blind looking at these skins... do you think the font colors look OK on the Repro-5 skins?
I remember RePro-5 looking ok. The colors were warmer and matched from my recollection. I can double check tomorrow afternoon and post back.
OK. I've uploaded new versions... I made the Repro-5 control panels more neutral in color, more in keeping with the Prophet-5. I also fixed the font on the Matrix 1 & 2 numbers - I can't believe no one caught that mistake! :wink: Slim Repro-5 version has the fixes too. I tweaked the font colors per Funkybot's suggestions as well as the Keyboard/Effect buttons on Repro-1. And I raised the price from free to $99. Nevermind, I'll keep them free.

Looks great. Nice job!

claudedefaren wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:48 am WOW.

These look fantastic. I don't even own Repro, but these are so much better than the default skins. U-he should make these the default.
Thank you! So glad others can enjoy these.

Looking really good, thanks for sharing!

I've never really cared for fanmade skins but those are great and I'll gladly use them :o :clap:
Thanks for sharing, abernathy and Funkybot :love:
Last edited by Niowiad on Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Would love to see someone make a repro 5 skin look like the prophet 6, black panels, white trim, silver around the black knobs, gray buttons, and a red button or two. That would look cool. This skin is close, but maybe more gray buttons instead of black buttons
DSI_Prophet-6_top-020a73cd4da1dc66908f354be909a793.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vertibration wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:38 pm Would love to see someone make a repro 5 skin look like the prophet 6, black panels, white trim, silver around the black knobs, gray buttons, and a red button or two. That would look cool. This skin is close, but maybe more gray buttons instead of black buttons

DSI_Prophet-6_top-020a73cd4da1dc66908f354be909a793.jpg
Here you go... It's kind of all or nothing with the synth panel buttons. Same with the knobs. I wanted to do silver Volume and Tune knobs like on the Prophet-5, but there isn't a way to make them different. I've updated the download (in the first post) to include "GB" gray button versions, including a Vintage Slim GB version.

Vintage (Gray Buttons).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by abernathy on Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damn those gray buttons are nice. Thanks!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:15 pm Damn those gray buttons are nice. Thanks!
Main download now has gray button versions, including a Slim version. I like the gray buttons too!

Hi abernathy (+ Funkybot),
thank you so much for your work! These skins are really brilliant! Thanks for sharing and keeping improving them.
One question, though: Would it be possible to add the u-he logo to the Repro-1 skin (maybe by making the Repro-1 label smaller, like the Repro-5 one, and placing the u-he logo next to it, to its left)?
abernathy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:20 pm It's kind of all or nothing with the synth panel buttons. Same with the knobs. I wanted to do silver Volume and Tune knobs like on the Prophet-5, but there isn't a way to make them different.
Hm, I think that should be possible. If I am not completely mistaken, it works like this:
1) Create a new folder inside the Animations folder and call it, say, "Knob-R5_Silver".
2) Copy your silver knob images into that "Knob-R5_Silver" folder.
3) In the script, look for the TUNE knob and the OUTPUT knob and assign these two knobs to the "Knob-R5_Silver" folder.
This is at least what I believe could work.

e-musician wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:31 pm Hi abernathy (+ Funkybot),
thank you so much for your work! These skins are really brilliant! Thanks for sharing and keeping improving them.
One question, though: Would it be possible to add the u-he logo to the Repro-1 skin (maybe by making the Repro-1 label smaller, like the Repro-5 one, and placing the u-he logo next to it, to its left)?
abernathy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:20 pm It's kind of all or nothing with the synth panel buttons. Same with the knobs. I wanted to do silver Volume and Tune knobs like on the Prophet-5, but there isn't a way to make them different.
Hm, I think that should be possible. If I am not completely mistaken, it works like this:
1) Create a new folder inside the Animations folder and call it, say, "Knob-R5_Silver".
2) Copy your silver knob images into that "Knob-R5_Silver" folder.
3) In the script, look for the TUNE knob and the OUTPUT knob and assign these two knobs to the "Knob-R5_Silver" folder.
This is at least what I believe could work.
Thanks for knob tip! That would be great if it works. I didn’t like leaving the u-he logo off but I was trying to give more of the feel of the Pro-one. I will revisit that though.

Wow, abernathy, thanks. Looks dope with the gray knobs. Would it be possible to add a little bit of red glow around each side of the mod and pitch wheels?

Maybe plugmon would consider making this look like the prophet desktop, minus the keyboard one day. That would be insane. Until then, this looks awesome :)

Return to “u-he”