Free Sequential Style Vintage Repro-5 and Repro-1 Skins + NEW Prophet-6 Skin!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

UPDATED 9-27-20 with Prophet-6 style skin (Slim layout with glowing mod wheels, less wood). These are my "Vintage" skins for Repro. I matched the original Prophet-5 and Pro-One fonts and nameplates shape, the panel fonts and made the wood a little less red on the Prophet. I modified the Repro-5 knobs to look more like the Prophet-5 hardware. The panels are more black like the hardware. I've included Slim versions for Funkybot. I've added alternate "GB" versions with gray synth pane buttons, and new "SK" silver output/tuning knobs versions. I've updated the Repro-1 with the u-he logo. Yes, this has gotten a little out of hand - too many versions! Maybe we'll do a poll to see which versions are favorites. My starting points were Funkybot's skins - thanks Funkybot! And huge thanks to plugmon and e-musician for helping with the scripting fixes!

Vintage_P6.jpg

Vintage_Skins.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83c6rbdxnalyd ... k.zip?dl=0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by abernathy on Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Classy!

looking good!

Wow....... you did fix the scan/Ready.
Thank you...
And thanks again for doing this.

rsp
sound sculptist

Thank you
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 11 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 13 / VEP7 / 24 ch X-Touch / Console 1 /Metagrid Pro / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 / Roli Seabord

Came out really nice. Thanks!

There's one more thing missing from this skin: the "Per Instance" MIDI controls.

1. Load the original skin
2. Click the gear icon
3. Click "MIDI Table"

Result: look on the right, you'll see some "Per Instance" MIDI controls that override the global defaults for CTRL A and CTRL B.

If you repeat the above steps with these skins, those two fields are missing. These are necessary for proper MPE. Maybe Plugmon can help point to the lines in the code.

abernathy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:09 am These are my "Vintage" skins for Repro. I matched the original Prophet-5 and Pro-One fonts and nameplates shape, the panel fonts and made the wood a little less red on the Prophet. I modified the Repro-5 knobs to look more like the Prophet-5 hardware. The panels are more black like the hardware. I've included a Slim version for Funkybot. My starting points were Funkybot's skins - thanks Funkybot! And huge thanks to plugmon for helping with the scripting fixes!

In response to my post from earlier, I figured out how to fix the scripting issues while keeping it simple: just use the "production scripts" from the latest build. If you didn't do any custom scripting, the latest .txt files that ship with RePro will work for both RePro-1 and RePro-5 and will have the correct MIDI Table and Preset Browser appearance/functionality. So...

For the standard skins:

1. Go to your RePro-1.Data\data\scripts folder
2. Open the RePro-1_orig.txt file
3. Copy the text
4. Close the RePro-1_orig.txt file
5. Navigate to the RePro-1.Data\Support\Themes\Vintage folder
6. Open the RePro-1.txt file
7. Select All
8. Delete
9. Paste the copied text from the RePro-1_orig.txt file
10. Save
11. Repeat steps 1-10 for RePro-5.txt

Now, for the Vintage Slim skin, I did the updates manually and they seem to work. So...

1. Download and replace the RePro-5.txt with the attached file:
Repro-5 Vintage Slim Script.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:01 pm There's one more thing missing from this skin: the "Per Instance" MIDI controls.

1. Load the original skin
2. Click the gear icon
3. Click "MIDI Table"

Result: look on the right, you'll see some "Per Instance" MIDI controls that override the global defaults for CTRL A and CTRL B.

If you repeat the above steps with these skins, those two fields are missing. These are necessary for proper MPE. Maybe Plugmon can help point to the lines in the code.
Fixed now. New link in original post. Thank you Funkybot! And I've quit my day job so I can work on this skin full-time... 8)

I just made another fix. Maybe I should put version numbers on these...

abernathy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:52 pm I just made another fix. Maybe I should put version numbers on these...
Haha, same thing happened with mine. You ready for one more? The RePro-1 label color for rendered fonts is a yellow/brownish hue. The labels in your pane are a nice gray. If you open the RePro-1 skin and change this one line, the colors match and look much better IMO.

COLOUR name='Repro Label' rgba='a6a6a6ff'

That should make sure the rendered fonts match the color of the bold fonts in your image. Only impacts RePro-1.

Think it looks much better that way. Give it a shot and if you think it's better, consider updating.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:08 pm
abernathy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:52 pm I just made another fix. Maybe I should put version numbers on these...
Haha, same thing happened with mine. You ready for one more? The RePro-1 label color for rendered fonts is a yellow/brownish hue. The labels in your pane are a nice gray. If you open the RePro-1 skin and change this one line, the colors match and look much better IMO.

COLOUR name='Repro Label' rgba='a6a6a6ff'

That should make sure the rendered fonts match the color of the bold fonts in your image. Only impacts RePro-1.

Think it looks much better that way. Give it a shot and if you think it's better, consider updating.
Thanks. I agree totally. I have updated the download. I'm going a bit blind looking at these skins... do you think the font colors look OK on the Repro-5 skins?

One thing I wanted to change but couldn't figure out was the EFFECTS/KEYS buttons in Repro-1. I wanted to make the "white" ones more neutral gray but I couldn't find where to change that. On Repro-5 they are on the Panes, but not in Repro-1.

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abernathy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:30 am One thing I wanted to change but couldn't figure out was the EFFECTS/KEYS buttons in Repro-1. I wanted to make the "white" ones more neutral gray but I couldn't find where to change that. On Repro-5 they are on the Panes, but not in Repro-1.
The EFFECTS/KEYS buttons themselves are located in: data\images\animations\KeysFX Tab\.

That image folder is missing from your skin, so RePro will fallback to the default images. So if you want to change them, go to the RePro-1.data\data\images\animations\KeysFX Tab\ folder and copy that into your skins. Then just edit the copy of those images in your skin folder as needed.

If that's not what you're talking about please just post a screenshot pointing to exactly what you're talking about and we'll get you sorted.

Return to “u-he”