Fabfilter or IZotope?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fab.

Had both and sold MPS (at v3)

Neither is bad

Both. Ozone is great for having first mastering options, ProQ3 helps out for making the mix more colourful and set in the end.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

cryophonik wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:57 pm
Lazarus451 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:05 am Both. Ozone 9 Advanced for balancing the final mix, mastering etc. Fabfilter for eq, compression, saturation etc.
Frankie.T wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:18 pm I use both, but if i had to chose probably i'll stick with FF because they are more customer friendly and ofc the plugins have a very good quality
vitocorleone123 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:33 pm Fabfilter for individual tools (overall... no competition with RX for example), iZotope as a system.
These pretty much sum up my thoughts. Personally, I don't find a lot of overlap in my needs between the two companies' products. I use both of their products in every single song that I complete.
Yeah all of these too. I’d like to move away from Izotope, but even now I’m entertaining upgrading.

FabFilter. Best plugins in my book. And a very customer friendly upgrade policy, taking into account all FF plugs you own.

FabFilter without question. Their business process, product quality and continuation of product enhancements all easily eclipse iZotope. I do like oZone and a few of the iZotope products. But their business model can be frustrating. And the end-of-life process with many of their products, leaves your prior investment worthless. FabFilter is by far, a better investment and you will never regret their product's features and quality.

I have both but I barely ever use anything iZotope. It's not bad, but I get better/faster results with FF consistently.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Tone boosters.

I use iZotope at the ends of tracks often. I like it for some fine-tuning after I've done most of the processing I want. They're AI-assistants are nice. I use them to preview what a raw take might sound like; it's a quick way to estimate what your final product could sound like

I'm going to go with Izotope. Couldn't live without the Sculptor.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

FF for general mixing and Ozone for mastering

izotope has some very good plugins and some of them are truly the best bu their current business model is quite unfriendly.

Fabfilter is IMHo one of the best companies, with fair prices and nice updates that don't milk their user base.
dedication to flying

Fabfilter

or if you can afford, DMG Audio

it's such a broad question. i mean, i use fabfilter's eqs, comp, limiter, etc. and i use ozone 9 for mastering. different tools entirely... but for basic eq, comp, am happy with fabfilter.
Last edited by fisherKing on Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FF for mixing, Izotope for Post Production and Audio Repair

For mastering...a very select list that is beyond the scope of this thread.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

I regret so much that I bought fabfilter-proq3. When I tested this there was no problem. But in the version I bought when I match eq it always creates resonances and sweeps and also it distorts the bass in an awful way. I saw the tutorial and I make everything that tutorial says. I also regret because a friend of mine told me that it's not to match two songs mixed,(for example I want to make a song from vinyl to be listened with new equalizer) but only to match bass,kick,snare etc separately.

Return to “Effects”