Re: Martin Celebrates Millionth Guitar....WOW!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a beautiful piece of craftsman ship. Obviously not intended for regular playing. I guess it is a little guady, but it is the millionth guitar so why not make it fancy.

Van Greco wrote:It's a beautiful piece of craftsman ship. Obviously not intended for regular playing. I guess it is a little guady, but it is the millionth guitar so why not make it fancy.
Because Martin guitars are known for their "slick", sort of understatement look.

In fact, regardless of the immense craftmanship involved, this has got to be one of the ugliest guitars I've ever seen in my life. Just like some old italian churches, there's so much gold you don't even want to pay attention to the details anymore.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

OMG!! Look at that inlay!! http://robinsoninlays.com/Martin/100000 ... rBack.html

That's not going to a museum. i'm sure someone's got there eye on it.

Oh well. go martin. why not? :) chuckle.

vam

I realy dont see the point of making it like that, it dosnt show or represent martin guitars at all.

..and surley you dont need that many inlays :roll:

well, as rick james would say. "cocain is a helluvah drug". :hihi:

to tell you the truth though.. this is what shocks me .
The dreadnought body is handcrafted with extremely rare, and nearly unobtainable, C.I.T.E.S.-certified Brazillian rosewood.
human labour is cool, people can do what they want. but it's a bummer when wood becomes valuable because of scaricty.

vam

Return to “Instruments”