NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:37 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:20 pmIt was not only very late, it was quite obviously not finished (some will argue still isn't!)
Yes, I'd be one of those...
i didnt really want to open that can o' worms :lol:
but im glad im not imagining boring shit like "late releases" :party:

They pretty much did the dame with GR6 but that seems to have slid under the radar (maybe because not so many people use it!) They launched it with a new GUI but almost no new or updated amps or fx (they just added the existing fx in Komplete which you already had, very IK!)...they did say it now had the new tech inside to add modelled amps quickly and they would soon follow....2 years later I think there has been 1 very average bass amp!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:18 pm They pretty much did the dame with GR6 but that seems to have slid under the radar (maybe because not so many people use it!) They launched it with a new GUI but almost no new or updated amps or fx (they just added the existing fx in Komplete which you already had, very IK!)...they did say it now had the new tech inside to add modelled amps quickly and they would soon follow....2 years later I think there has been 1 very average bass amp!
Yes, a real shame those extra amps never materialised.

Honestly I preferred the old look - as an old git I like my amps and speakers to look like amps and speakers, but on the plus side the new amps they did include and new effects mean there’s a ton of presets I love and tweak. I use it 95% of the time for guitar, Amplitube Max isn’t getting much action here (I rarely have to do metal type stuff, mind).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:01 pmActually Kontakt 7 is in beta, so I understand.
Someone just contacted me to say 6.8 is in beta at the moment. Not sure of my other source, so 7 may still be a little way off.
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Well, let’s hope 6.8 has a more modern and resizable GUI and a better way of displaying and sorting the 100s of instruments you end up with in Ultimate .
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:18 pm ...they did say it now had the new tech inside to add modelled amps quickly and they would soon follow....2 years later I think there has been 1 very average bass amp!
The 1 very average bass amp was part of the 3 ICM amps which came with GR6 (Bass Invader, Chicago, Fire Breather)
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:48 am
SLiC wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:18 pm ...they did say it now had the new tech inside to add modelled amps quickly and they would soon follow....2 years later I think there has been 1 very average bass amp!
The 1 very average bass amp was part of the 3 ICM amps which came with GR6 (Bass Invader, Chicago, Fire Breather)
So have they added any new amps since it was launched in 2020? I thought there was one? INTELLIGENT CIRCUIT MODELING Was supposed to be a new fast way to add more stuff, seems not.

I thing now GR has pretty much all the NI FX in they would be better of just marketing it as an FX rack or maybe having 2 versions, adding more modulators etc..it’s actually a very good rack for general fx, just not so great for guitar and bass (but it could be if they actually did some circuit modelled amps and cabs! )

Still, it’s 50% off currently so is a really cheap way to get most of NIs fX and even with next to no development since release it’s still being developed faster than Scuffam Amps!

SLiC wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:37 am
mumpcake wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:48 am
So have they added any new amps since it was launched in 2020? I thought there was one? INTELLIGENT CIRCUIT MODELING Was supposed to be a new fast way to add more stuff, seems not.

I thing now GR has pretty much all the NI FX in they would be better of just marketing it as an FX rack or maybe having 2 versions, adding more modulators etc..it’s actually a very good rack for general fx, just not so great for guitar and bass (but it could be if they actually did some circuit modelled amps and cabs! )

Still, it’s 50% off currently so is a really cheap way to get most of NIs fX and even with next to no development since release it’s still being developed faster than Scuffam Amps!
No, they didn't add anything after GR6 release.
I remember that one of the arguments was that their engineers have to open amps and it can be dangerous (health &safety), so they can't do it at home. It was during covid when people had to work from home.
So either they still work from home as the new way of work or nobody told them that pandemic is over and they can go back to the office.

I don't know what is current excuse. Maybe because there's chips shortage and they're waiting for the old amps from the 60's and 70's to be produced in China? They surely have another excuse.

so sad to read all this about NI. I love their synths, but the company is just like a zombie since years...
Nobody can trust them anymore about updating their stuff (without even speaking about creative new things)...
A comparable company like Soundtoys, that didn't release nothing in years, was at least able to provide some Apple Silicon update recently, and to my knowledge they never let any bug unfixed.
Speaking about GR6, I discovered recently that there's no latency compensation : the components add latency but it's not reported to the host. I contacted the support, they know the issue since GR5 at least but don't plan to fix it...

All I want is silicon support at this point lol.

soulata wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:45 pm
MXJIA wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:32 pm
Do you think Kontakt 7 will come out with Komplete 14?
I don't think they can release v14 without Kontakt 7. Well, they shouldn't.
I find it astounding that the core software that runs possibly the majority of NI products (Kontakt sound ware) still hasn't had a proper UI makeover yet.

I stopped upgrading Kompletes way back at version 9 due to waiting for a Kontakt GUI scaling update/upgrade and instead seeing NI release all the shovelware sound libraries. They have competent developers, I'm sure. What I'm not sure of is why they didn't enter even basic panel scaling to Kontakt in the form of 25% increments much sooner.

Even if it looks a little blurry, it would be a step in the right direction to proper large screen support. Then, at a later time, they can implement a new full system with different resolution or graphics constraints.

The longer they wait, the more painful it will be to decouple from the old worn-in system into something more adaptable to modern screens and functionality.

That's my bellyaching to add to this bellyaching thread!

VitaminD wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:22 pm
soulata wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:45 pm
MXJIA wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:32 pm
Do you think Kontakt 7 will come out with Komplete 14?
I don't think they can release v14 without Kontakt 7. Well, they shouldn't.
I find it astounding that the core software that runs possibly the majority of NI products (Kontakt sound ware) still hasn't had a proper UI makeover yet.

I stopped upgrading Kompletes way back at version 9 due to waiting for a Kontakt GUI scaling update/upgrade and instead seeing NI release all the shovelware sound libraries. They have competent developers, I'm sure. What I'm not sure of is why they didn't enter even basic panel scaling to Kontakt in the form of 25% increments much sooner.

Even if it looks a little blurry, it would be a step in the right direction to proper large screen support. Then, at a later time, they can implement a new full system with different resolution or graphics constraints.

The longer they wait, the more painful it will be to decouple from the old worn-in system into something more adaptable to modern screens and functionality.

That's my bellyaching to add to this bellyaching thread!
You did the right thing. I also stopped upgrading komplete at version 12.

I'd be happy if they just update all the current synths, and make everything vst3.
I don't get excited by all the extra content. I don't even have most of it loaded.

Well, not much longer to wait. K13 was released on Tuesday Sept 1 2020, pretty sure K14 will follow this.

Lores, Sequis and Ashlight all look great for those doing media work, and the Nylon acoustic sounds excellent (with all the usual provisos in limitations of any guitar VI). All those will I think be for the upper tier stuff, here's hoping there's something of substance for everyone. It seems to me if Kontakt 7 is included it will be on a promise, like Kontakt 6 was.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:36 am It seems to me if Kontakt 7 is included it will be on a promise, like Kontakt 6 was.
I hope if they do launch Kontakt 7 it actually updates the GUI and browser etc unlike the Kontakt 6 release which was a bit of a joke... a free 0.5 release at best...

Return to “Instruments”