Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Softube Modular

Hey, What is going on with offset > quantize > mixer patching
are you using quad offset trimmers to tune the voices of the chord?
why is the quantize out multed to all mixers?
Thanks
Rastkovic wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:37 am
Gyu wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:56 am
Rastkovic wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:04 am Softube Modular - Universal Chord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0SK3ZHD1V8
This is so beautiful!!
Can I ask how many notes are in the chords?
It just sounds fantastic
Thanks Gyu. Basically it's a Maj9 chord, a five note chord. I just used six oscillators, because it was the best compromise. With a polysynth I would do it probably in a different way. I think it sounds that beautiful, because it's a minor melody played with major chords. Just a theory, I'm not an expert. ;)

For those who don't know, these is were the chords are originally come from....

4hero - Universal Love (Goldie Remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOMBDSGCAlI

tenchun wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:42 pm Hey, What is going on with offset > quantize > mixer patching
are you using quad offset trimmers to tune the voices of the chord?
why is the quantize out multed to all mixers?
Yes, with the offset generators I tune the oscillators to a chord. I use the mixers, because I want to play the sound (note input). It's also possible to stack/combine cv voltages, if you need a major/minor 7th, or 9th for example. All mixers are additionally patched to the first offset generator, so it's possible to transpose the whole sound up and down (pitch global)....

Available again at Patchstorage....

https://patchstorage.com/controlled-random-fm

Softube Modular - Controlled Random FM [Free Patch Download]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFjyz1JMO0M

Hi

Did anyone make a polyphonic Moog with the Model 72 modules ?
Would love to hear it.

flurp wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:07 am Hi

Would love to hear it.
For the most authentic polyphonic Moog experience, use 4+ instances of Universal Audio's Minimoog as layers/voices in Bitwigs instrument selector.

Korg Supporter wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:38 pm

Would love to hear it.
For the most authentic polyphonic Moog experience, use 4+ instances of Universal Audio's Minimoog as layers/voices in Bitwigs instrument selector.
Or use The Legend.

Korg Supporter wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:38 pm

Would love to hear it.
I find I get great results from The Legend, and if I need more capabilities, Minimonsta 2 is pretty good.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Well after extensive comparison i feel Model 72 nails the vintage vibe Moog filter and VCOs more than the Legend and others. THey're good but just cleaner / more digital sounding.

I feel Softube has pushed emulation to the next step with their MODEL series

flurp wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:25 pm Well after extensive comparison i feel Model 72 nails the vintage vibe Moog filter and VCOs more than the Legend and others. THey're good but just cleaner / more digital sounding.

I feel Softube has pushed emulation to the next step with their MODEL series
I don't want to trash them, but, I find that the Model 72 is actually the weakest of their emulations. I compared especially the filter to a video comparing the Minimoog to the Behringer Model D, and also compared Monark, and, the resonance of Model 72 didn't really do it for me. It sounds like another filter, not the Moog ladder filter. It's also by far not as snappy as what I hear in sound demos of the real thing.

Monark is spot on IMO.

Can you link this video?

Sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYxc8R_Qys0

The filter stuff starts at 6:22, but, there's also some stuff I compared to at 23:35 and following.

To each his own, but i've owned a Behringer Poly D, a SE1 and a Moog MF101 filter. I've also used THe Legend for years now as my main moog vsti

flurp wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:40 pm I've also used THe Legend for years now as my main moog vsti
Do you think it nails the sound?

I don't think so, but, hey.

B.T.W one can easily make a poly monark. There's some thread here which describes how and it takes exactly 5 mins.

nirm123 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:44 pm B.T.W one can easily make a poly monark. There's some thread here which describes how and it takes exactly 5 mins.
I always wanted to try that, but, never did. :) I'll do it one day, when I dare to look into Monarks insides. :D

My current CPU should also be well able to handle that kind of load, so, about time.

Return to “Instruments”