Novation Sound Collective (NI Massive + Ozone Elements)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think ImpOscar sounds really good too. Been thinking about getting it for a long time.
Kind of old skool, but it'd probably be worth the current sale price.

impOSCar 2 is great. :)

+1 impOSCar sounds great and the gui is resizable

Its the best GForce synth imho :)

I hope someday there can be a Minimonsta sequel. 8)

Examigan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:39 pm I hope someday there can be a Minimonsta sequel. 8)
I hope to be able to use the current version in Big Sur, I really miss it.

I think the main thing (besides Big Sur) for now is the GUI size and being able to change it.
An update to the skin itself would be cool also.

I remember attempting to demo Minimonsta just after it was released, and it would bring my old celeron to it's knees, so never bothered with it again until getting it for free yesterday. Have to say, I'm glad I got to give it another go.
Not being a preset junkie, I'm that interested in the factory patches, though I am enjoying making my own. I don't know whether it's an accurate mini clone, or not, but treating it just as a decent sounding synth, I'll definitely keep it and use it.

Thanks for the vid above showing how to apply lfos to controls. Very helpful for highlighting such a great feature. :tu:

Also very usable gui at 1920:1080

Anyone needs my redeem code? For free. PM me.

Edit: Code is gone
Last edited by Roman76 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aliens wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:07 am I remember attempting to demo Minimonsta just after it was released, and it would bring my old celeron to it's knees, so never bothered with it again until getting it for free yesterday.
I was really surprised how much CPU it takes, for such an old synth. I mean, it's not as heavy as some of the newer stuff, but, quite a hog considering the age. :)

chk071 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:10 pm I was really surprised how much CPU it takes, for such an old synth. I mean, it's not as heavy as some of the newer stuff, but, quite a hog considering the age. :)
Yes that caught me off guard as well. Considering it hasn't been updated since 2014 I can only image it would be pretty hard on many of the CPUs from that time period. No problem running it today.
Aliens wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:07 am Also very usable gui at 1920:1080
It's almost unusable at 1920x1080 here but my eyes aren't what they used to be. I'd love to make some patches for MiniMonsta but the gui makes it just too unpleasant to work with for me and I have so many alternatives to occupy my time.

Still it sounds good and I appreciate the generosity of all involved especially since it's still on sale for $129.99 at Sweetwater.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Dupe :dog:
Last edited by Aliens on Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

No problem running it here today, either, in fact I didn't even think about looking at the cpu meter once. Long gone are the days when adding the sixth instance of synth1 was a will it won't it moment lol

I do wear reading glasses, so that will be helping.

I just happened to glance at the CPU meter and was surprised. It wouldn't have occurred to me to check the meter since the synth is from 7 years ago. I wonder what the reaction was back then.

I even have special computer glasses but I think it's time to get my eyes checked again.... :shock:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:37 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:10 pm I was really surprised how much CPU it takes, for such an old synth. I mean, it's not as heavy as some of the newer stuff, but, quite a hog considering the age. :)
Yes that caught me off guard as well. Considering it hasn't been updated since 2014 I can only image it would be pretty hard on many of the CPUs from that time period. No problem running it today.
Aliens wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:07 am Also very usable gui at 1920:1080
It's almost unusable at 1920x1080 here but my eyes aren't what they used to be. I'd love to make some patches for MiniMonsta but the gui makes it just too unpleasant to work with for me and I have so many alternatives to occupy my time.

Still it sounds good and I appreciate the generosity of all involved especially since it's still on sale for $129.99 at Sweetwater.
I don't think it's the size but the choice of colors and contrast. It's not easy on the eye, feels like a mishmash. It needs a more cleaner interface, wish it was skinnable. 😟

Return to “Instruments”