New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Infinite PRO

Strange Infinite works fine here in Logic 10.5.1
But i have tons of other plug-ins which failed since 10.5.1 now.

Found that Wolfgang Palm site does not exists animore, unfortunately.
Logically would be mark this products as discontinued in KVR database (vst at least, not sure about mobile app's).
http://wolfgangpalm.com/
https://www.kvraudio.com/developer/wolfgang-palm

Aw, that sucks. I'm glad I have all the apps and WaveGenerator and Infinite for desktop.
Below are the closest things to his synths in my opinion:
  • WaveGenerator: PPG Wave 3.V, Nave, Largo (Soundwise, Hive 2 also has a lovely sound) and Icarus 2 (featurewise)
  • WaveMapper 2: Sugar Bytes Factory (Soundwise) and Icarus 2 (featurewise)
  • Aparillo by Sugar Bytes has a similar mapping system to WaveMapper
  • Phonem: Vocaloid
  • Infinie Pro: Harmor (FL only), Vertigo (Featurwise), Loom and Cube (Soundwise)
Last edited by Korg Supporter on Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.

FYI (you may already knew)
Wolfgang Palm’s Company PPG Synths Acquired By Brainworx (from https://www.synthanatomy.com/2020/03/wo ... nworx.html)

nordickvr wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:45 pm FYI (you may already knew)
Wolfgang Palm’s Company PPG Synths Acquired By Brainworx (from https://www.synthanatomy.com/2020/03/wo ... nworx.html)
And they are still working at a snail's pace to fix all of those plugins. This is going to be like the Half Life 3 of the plugin world. Tbf, the Brainworx studio was flooded in 2021.

Korg Supporter wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:44 pm Aw, that sucks. I'm glad I have all the apps and WaveGenerator and Infinite for desktop.
I have all Wolfgan's vsti except Infinite.
Although I caught time when was able to buy it, but honestly (with all due respect to Wolfgang) I did not understand this synth, though twisted demo intensively. And despite usually love various weird\complex stuff. Or rather, it looked pretty interesting, but I couldn't get an interesting \ complex "exhaust".
At the same time, I was almost ready to buy it just because respect for Wolfgang, but since it was not cheap, I put off each time, untill it becomt unavailable.

Whereas I just adore Wavegen and Wavemapper.
Which at first glance seem simple, like mobile apps (that's why I discovered them much later than their release, unfortunately), but upon trial inspection, you just fall in love with their capabilities and sound and even UI. Not sure why, it's some rare joy that i can get from instrument.

Btw damn, since site is down, thought about registration is worry. (after OS reinstall). Hope this doesn't become a problem.
I wrote about this to Wolfgang, even when site was alive, like request about changing the type of registration. And he said he could come up with something. But seems nope.

Added: As for PA, yes, I heard. But (as perhaps I wrote earlier) I really don't imagine Wavegen or Wavemapper in the visual/aesthetic nor even technical environment of PA content. Maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe (who know) this is exact the reason for the delay from pa side (if not cancellation at all).

Added2: (I'm at Win10 if something)
Last edited by c_voltage on Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Has anyone tried installing these on M1/2?

c_voltage wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:54 pm ...
Added: As for PA, yes, I heard. But (as perhaps I wrote earlier) I really don't imagine Wavegen or Wavemapper in the visual/aesthetic nor even technical environment of PA content. Maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe (who know) this is exact the reason for the delay from pa side (if not cancellation at all).
Makes sense.
That said, they port DS Thorn to them environment, so...
Well, let's see.

nordickvr wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:27 pm Makes sense.
Well, let's see.
Yes, took this into account too, but Thorn, in my opinion, fits into the framework of modernity. Whereas the products of Wolfgang are too specific, distinctive works. (synonyms - scientific-handmade).

For example (why I mentioned the technical side), two points:
1) All these unusual (in a good way) WT converters/mappers.
2) Preset browser (or rather, this is not just a browser, but a whole branded ecosystem, quite complex) who tried it knows lol.

At least from these two episodes, it seems to me that the new programmers (recipients of Wolfgang's source code) will go crazy.

Mainly, this was the reason for skepticism initially when I read the PA news. In theory, if this would be excluded, then yes, it is quite possible to allow an accelerated rebirth, under any tone.
By the way, because this, I also have a fear that the PA will look at this whole rubik's cube, think think and cut off inconvenient parts to hell lol.
And for me personally, such simplification it would be a loss.
But ok, I hope it's just my fantasies, and yes we'll see.

c_voltage wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:02 pm
nordickvr wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:27 pm Makes sense.
Well, let's see.
Yes, took this into account too, but Thorn, in my opinion, fits into the framework of modernity. Whereas the products of Wolfgang are too specific, distinctive works. (synonyms - scientific-handmade).

For example (why I mentioned the technical side), two points:
1) All these unusual (in a good way) WT converters/mappers.
2) Preset browser (or rather, this is not just a browser, but a whole branded ecosystem, quite complex) who tried it knows lol.

At least from these two episodes, it seems to me that the new programmers (recipients of Wolfgang's source code) will go crazy.

Mainly, this was the reason for skepticism initially when I read the PA news. In theory, if this would be excluded, then yes, it is quite possible to allow an accelerated rebirth, under any tone.
By the way, because this, I also have a fear that the PA will look at this whole rubik's cube, think think and cut off inconvenient parts to hell lol.
And for me personally, such simplification it would be a loss.
But ok, I hope it's just my fantasies, and yes we'll see.
Yeah, I think either Tone2 or U-he would have been much better at handling the code. I mean, how much did Mr. Palm make selling his code to Brainworx? I think it would've been better for everything to become open-source.

Korg Supporter wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:43 pm I think it would've been better for everything to become open-source.
Wot sorry but no, i'm against :uhuhuh:
Don't take away the magic.

c_voltage wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:02 pm

Preset browser (or rather, this is not just a browser, but a whole branded ecosystem, quite complex) who tried it knows lol.
Agree :hihi:

Could anyone help me with the installation files of Infinite Pro for mac, please? I'd like to install it on a new computer but lost the original files.

Return to “Instruments”