IK and Gavin Lurssen set to unveil revolutionary mastering product at NAMM 2016

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wait what?! Are we down to video game preorder shenanigans now? (which I hate with passion!)
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

yes its 200 euro pre order and on release day it goes to 300 euros :shrug:

I don;t even know why i am bothering, it[s a complete waste of time for me to be posting. I guess i am my own worst enemy in these situations.. i should just stop trying to effect change with devs as i often do and just not go for stuff that doesn't work for me personally.
I will never pau 300 euros in my lifetime for a plugin anymore, so i am out anyway.. sorry guys will leave the topic now

TheoM wrote:yes its 200 euro pre order and on release day it goes to 300 euros :shrug:

I don't even know why i am bothering
Because you are gear junkie like most of the rest of it :shrug:

Agree or disagree it's one of the most interesting products of late.

Breval wrote:Hope I'm wrong but it looks like another cookie cutter plugin for cookie cutter music.
Actually, I don't think this looks that way.

This looks to me more like a version of T-Racks with a different UI, different hardware models, fewer of them and possibly a more flexible chain.

I'm thinking there may be more attention to detail in parts as well.

It certainly doesn't look "cookie cutter", but that is the impression I do get from the GW MixCentric. I can see that plugin would work, but not necessarily for every type of mix.

I wonder if you can run the Lurssen through ARC??

incubus wrote:
TheoM wrote:yes its 200 euro pre order and on release day it goes to 300 euros :shrug:

I would find it more interesting if it was a straight up copy of the guys gear with control of everything - it seems it's a bunch of presets with very limited control - albeit within a 'system' with thought behind it. As soon as I saw it made me think of the Toontrack stuff.. I would still like to to try it. Seems quite overpriced to me though.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Looks like another half baked idea that misses the point of mastering entirely with a non-celebrity name attached. Just further devalues T-Racks (if that is even possible?!) whilst being less flexible and even more toy like.

300 dollars on release or 150 IK quatloos in 6 months time. I'll pass.

Tomorrow a real mastering processor lands ;)

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

do_androids_dream wrote:
incubus wrote:

I would find it more interesting if it was a straight up copy of the guys gear with control of everything - it seems it's a bunch of presets with very limited control - albeit within a 'system' with thought behind it. As soon as I saw it made me think of the Toontrack stuff.. I would still like to to try it. Seems quite overpriced to me though.
Maybe. But there is no demo (and there isn't one for AT4 either) so not sure if I'll ever try it, but looks kinda cool to me.

do_androids_dream wrote:
incubus wrote:

I don't know. When I look at it I see T-Racks. Processors aside I would think this thing would be just as flexible, even more so.

I guess I don't understand one thing. There is a "tube" eq and then a "solid state" eq which appear to have no controls, is that correct? Then the others appear to give you some flexibility on top of the "fixed" eq.

Just making sure I have this straight.

Maybe the knobs on the front are supposed to control the EQs, and the drive knobs to push the limiters. There is also some limited control over gainstaging of the chain.

EQs without knobs? Classy...

This revolutionary product.. :hihi:

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*almost in tears*

Seriously though.. who knows. It could be good.

:hihi:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

incubus wrote:I guess I don't understand one thing. There is a "tube" eq and then a "solid state" eq which appear to have no controls, is that correct? Then the others appear to give you some flexibility on top of the "fixed" eq.

Just making sure I have this straight.
They probably have a submenu when you click on it.

So this is what revolution means in 2016: An Ipad app with "style" presets.

Bring Che back pls

djscorb wrote:Tomorrow a real mastering processor lands ;)
Do you mean the Softube/Drawmer S73?
If so, this also looks like a one-knob solution to me that's still continuing the long lost loudness war.

And also I'm not a big fan of multiband compression.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Effects”