Should I buy a DAW or use AI to make my music?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:34 pm
osiris wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:29 pm Just have your Butler do it.
had to let him go after he sexually harassed the cook and cleaner :x
I already said it was not me!
The cook started everything.

That's the Pool Boy's job.

osiris wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:14 am That's the Pool Boy's job.
Yeah... This bloody bas...rd

i can't swim.

but didn't you grow up on a river?

yes, the mersey, in the 70s and 80s.
swimming would not have saved me, but mutant powers from the chemicals might.

You just have to keep quiet and look good.

Just here to read the conversation. AI seems to be ruling a lot of conversations these days in forums about the world!

jeffn wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:59 am Just here to read the conversation. AI seems to be ruling a lot of conversations these days in forums about the world!
If you say so...

Who actually owns the ai creation is for me the big question and something currently being tested as far as I am aware.

There has been a case about solely ai created art which could not be copyright but no human interaction played a big part in that judgement from what I understand.

For the original poster if it ends up that the copyright stays with the ai software provider etc you would have a hard time making money selling what you do not own.

The thing about AI is now I have all my browsers offering it, but I'm thinking it's just a more efficient way to steal my personal info.

Of course you should buy a DAW instead of an AI based software, if a robot is doing the music for you, you are not making music or having fun! AI is supposed to be used as a tool only.

AI made music won't be a thing for a very long time. It's the future, but not even near future. It is like with people in the 80s imagining that soon by the year 2000 we will have flying cars. Or even self-driving cars, which again, are a failure and won't be a thing for decades. I would expect in next 10-20 years world governments outright banning cars for normal people and making them elite exclusive than actually someone making a self-driving, let alone, flying car in next 10-20 years.

And same for AI music. It does not exist, it's all click-bait like 95 percent of the news today in tech, politics, science etc.
I am aware that it is quite contraversial opinion not to believe in whatever corporations and MSM tells us everyday, but I really do not care. Seeing is believing and I will believe when I will see a true AI anything. I haven't seen so far. Same with this superconductor stuff that everyone forgot in just 2 weeks! Nobody talks about it lol. All this noise is just noise. Learn to filter that stuff, I use lowpass personally. Best filter for MSM and other grifters.

P.S. as for ownership, I think whoever made the necessary imputs into this non-existent AI software to create certain track/song, owns that music. Just like I own my music that I made with Reason or Ableton. Just because I use somebody's software does not mean I didn't make correct imputs to produce that music. That's my logic at least for now.
please Like, Comment and Subscribe!

MasteringAddict wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:14 pm Of course you should buy a DAW instead of an AI based software, if a robot is doing the music for you, you are not making music or having fun! AI is supposed to be used as a tool only.
There are already enough tools making music. All those for AI, say "ai!" :hyper:

Personally I think AI is just Cortana and Alexa in drag.

If you want your music to be included in a (Steam) game, it cannot be AI generated.
https://the-decoder.com/valve-rejects-s ... -concerns/
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”