Anyone own RaySpace or ArtsAcoustic? Read here.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good news everyone! I got an e-mail today from QuikQuak! They said that most of the new problems are being tackled and modulation is going to be better for the next update. There are even some feature requests from other people going in!

New version out. "Diffusion engine upgrade - smoother sound, removing resonances with some source sounds. Saves current panel selection when GUI is closed. Mono dry output issue fix."
:tu:

:party:

Shy wrote:New version out. "Diffusion engine upgrade - smoother sound, removing resonances with some source sounds. Saves current panel selection when GUI is closed. Mono dry output issue fix."
:tu:

:party:
Lol, QuikQuak personally gave me a beta version quite some time ago after I told them about the problem. It really improves things A LOT! :lol:

AAR is my most used reverb together with the Plate 140 from the UAD.
Masterverb? Not my cup of tea and I own the complete Powersuite since years (now version 5). I don't use the Masterverb.

Can I ask a very revealing question here? (About my lack of reverb knowledge, that is.)

Why would you WANT a reverb to even HAVE a modulation control?

PaulG wrote:Can I ask a very revealing question here? (About my lack of reverb knowledge, that is.)

Why would you WANT a reverb to even HAVE a modulation control?
Architeuthis wrote: I made an important discovery. Maybe someone can help me out here. I found only one way to achieve a certain pad-synth effect and that is with the modulation parameter. You can find that on the ArtsAcoustic reverb and recently on the RaySpace reverb. I've been trying for so long to get this effect and I finally discovered that it's simple to achieve, but can only be achieved in one possible way. That is: with the modulation parameter on a reverb unit.

Chak,

I must be stupid because I read that like 4 times and it didn't seem to explain what exactly was being modulated or in what way. I don't own any reverb plugs that have it so I was looking for some kind of "why and wherefore" explanation.

Thank you, though,

- Paul

I must really urge you to check Sonic Flavours R66 ... it really excels at this kind of sound. It is MY GO-TO reverb for synths. For pad sounds, it is better than the AA IMO. Check it out. It is also not as expensive as the AA.

copperx, can you provide a link? Seems like the Sonic Flavours website has no info on it.

Sonic Flavours wrote:Hey…. where are the VST's ?

Creating Reason Refills has become the Sonic Flavours core business. It's been this way for the past 18 months as our direction has been steered and influenced by the market. This focus will allow us to stay a healthy company and a main player in this arena. For now it is simply not possible for us to keep up with the ever-changing Operating Systems and VST-Hosts, which require many new versions of VSTs to be made. For now we are understaffed to do this to a level we would be proud of giving a Sonic Flavours label to. We love our VST products a lot so it's with great reluctance that our R66, the DP5 and our DQ7 will be carefully put on a shelf until we are able to give them the full attention they deserve and need. Please bear with us. In the meantime we will keep on giving support to all who purchased our VSTs. We thank you for your understanding.

Not directly on point, but I don't see AAR and WaveArts as directly competitive. I use AAR for its control and its capacity to make a reverb really meld into a mix. I use WaveArts when I want a lexicon sound, pretty much full-stop. I could live without either of them, but prefer having both for sure.
Grist for the glamour mill.

softegg wrote:I think Glaceverb is a nice free reverb unit for modulated reverb. Give it a try.
I can't believe that people actually recommend this crappy reverb. :nutter:

PaulG wrote:Chak,

I must be stupid because I read that like 4 times and it didn't seem to explain what exactly was being modulated or in what way. I don't own any reverb plugs that have it so I was looking for some kind of "why and wherefore" explanation.

Thank you, though,

- Paul
Are you referencing the "why modulation" point?

having modulation (basically a chorus, or could be other) gives a shimmer or special character to the verb. So what you have is the verb part with a swish/swirl for a different kind of fx.

Harder to write than to hear.
so what

PaulG wrote:I must be stupid because I read that like 4 times and it didn't seem to explain what exactly was being modulated or in what way. I don't own any reverb plugs that have it so I was looking for some kind of "why and wherefore" explanation.
I'll leave the technical explanation to someone more qualified, but if you want to try it: Omniverb, Ariesverb, KarmaFX Reverb; all of them are free and have modulation.

Thank you very much!

- Paul

Return to “Effects”