Anyone own RaySpace or ArtsAcoustic? Read here.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know how much longer I can wait for QuikQuak to be active again. If they don't show any sign of activity or any sign of fixing RaySpace's modulation parameter, I don't know what I'm going to do. ArtsAcoustic is really starting to look good, but I don't have enough money.

I made an important discovery. Maybe someone can help me out here. I found only one way to achieve a certain pad-synth effect and that is with the modulation parameter. You can find that on the ArtsAcoustic reverb and recently on the RaySpace reverb. I've been trying for so long to get this effect and I finally discovered that it's simple to achieve, but can only be achieved in one possible way. That is: with the modulation parameter on a reverb unit.

It really pisses me off because not only have I been mistified for TOO LONG about how to achieve this certain effect, I am finally able to achieve it with RaySpace but the modulation parameter (when set high enough to achieve this certain effect) produces a very annoying artefact. Let me show you:

http://www.elanhickler.com/d/buzzy_modulation.mp3 - Notice how beautiful and ethereal the synth sounds. (Only achieved with Modulation on Reverb to my knowledge) Try to listen PAST the buzzyness.

Now, under normal circumstances the high pitched buzzyness is not that loud, but the buzzyness will never be quiet enough to help me create soothing soundscapes. If anyone at all knows how to achieve this without me spending $200 on arts acoustic reverb then please let me know. Also, if anyone has knowledge of QuikQuak and their plans, please let me know that too.

Note: I've emailed QuikQuak about this problem, I hope they respond. I did my best to sound like the most loyal customer ever! 8)
Rayspace Patch + Original Wave: http://www.elanhickler.com/d/buzzy.zip
Last edited by Architeuthis on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

I have AA, and if you are gonna spend the 200, maybe look at Masterverb5.
I have both and i prefer M5. They both offer amazing control over what your doing and great visual feedback BUT imo M5 smashes it in quality. AA is good, don't get me wrong M5 seems much smoother though while AA seems Dense.

My vote goes to the AA verb. The only other vst verb that rivals it (maybe beats it) is the Variverb (if I had the dough kicking around I'd buy it right now)...with the CSR right behind them...imho of course.

Perhaps a chorus could be inserted before the signal going into the reverb you use. Even Delays can be used for producing the modulation effect.

AA is perfect for synths, Variverb is somewhere between CSR and AA. I prefer Variverb over CSR and use it for vocals, drums, percussion and shorter rooms/halls.

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

Have you tryed Masterverb? I wasn't to impressed with the demos of CSR, but i didn't get to really dig into them either. Haven't tryed variverb either but i hear nothing but good things about it.
I do like all the control you get with AA, you can double click any knob and get even more control. It is a nice reverb for sure.

I think Glaceverb is a nice free reverb unit for modulated reverb. Give it a try.
Qw, music from twelve weeks in quarantine is now streaming on spotify and bandcamp. This is a collaboration with the the smallest of worlds VR art project, that documents our living spaces in times of isolation. You can join their project here.

triple p,
I'm with you on Masterverb5. It doesn't get the attention that CSR and AA get, but man, that is a beautiful verb. Warm but never muddy. Great GUI. Low CPU. Fabulous on vocals.
It just knocks me out whenever I bring it up in the mix.

Oh!

It's there.

I am loosing my mind :cry:
Last edited by hibidy on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't remember masterverb having mod..........but it's been a few months since I sold my duo............

softegg wrote:I think Glaceverb is a nice free reverb unit for modulated reverb. Give it a try.
will do!

Actually Glaceverb wasn't so great :(

Architeuthis: I'm surprised to hear such buzziness, I've never noticed this. If you can upload the patch, I'll see if it happens here too and if there's something to do about it.

here: http://www.elanhickler.com/d/buzzy.zip

now, im providing everything "as is" meaning the rayspace patch is made to reveal the artefact as loud as possible. Changing the EQ and hi-cut will lessen the volume of the artefact, but in my case, it never goes away.

Strangely I can't load that fxp in Cubase Studio 4. But that doesn't matter, I hear the buzziness clearly with other patches, and the higher the modulation level is, the worse the buzzing is. No modulation, no buzzing. So yes, clearly it needs to be fixed and is not specific to one setup.

I understand your frustration. I'm sure they'll fix this problem in the next update, give them time.

i own many reverbs on my TC powercore & UAD-1 i also have CSR/AA however i still reach for Glaceverb (free) frequently especially on piano's.....

Return to “Effects”