FEATURE REQUEST list - what do you want from energyXT2 ?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I miss the old sampler.

multi-out drum sampler

Stationary curser. ie instead of the play curser moving across the screen, the tracks move along instead. in autoscroll mode only of course.

this can be simulated right now by clicking the zoom button and dragging vertically slowly with autoscroll on so should be quite an easy addition.

Mighty Pea wrote:A shortcut key and context-menu (what you get when you rightclick) option for setting the loop-bar to your selection.
+1 Loop to selection.

Honestly now, not to be narrow minded but a multi out drum sampler is not the job of a host-developer. Especially for a host that has lots of things to fix and catch up on...that too with one (admitedly super-human) developer. Battery 3 is a fully developed multi out drum sampler. You're asking close to that thing for EXT. I see no point in it.

Truth being, no matter how much time a HOST dev. spends on a sampler, he won't get it as good as the guys who actually make samplers for a living.

I have to say that I'm in agreement with keyman_sam, but it appears that XT2 is being developed to be a complete integrated Daw. Just add your samples and your good to go.
From that perspective I'd like to see...
The ability to drag multiple samples to a drum sampler pad and have them auto-map to logarithmic velocity layers
A filter section ala machine II with groove for each drum pad
The ability to drag midi files to a drum sampler track
The ability to send drum sampler tracks to vsti
The ability to have busses and groups in the drum sampler mixer

My most desired features,the groove comp,right click to set loop points,note and octave transpose buttons in the midi comp.

I think that as a drum machine replacement(without the ability to layer samples) Machine II is about as good as it gets.
The ultimate would be the old Audio Synth engine on each pad in the drum sampler.

Just thinking in print :)

Clearly? I want the "plugin" view on the left side of eXT where I can turn on and off plugins, change the volume and the like as in eXT1, but in eXT2.

I'd also like to have "containers" if I build a plugin array for better overview (packing that routing mess into a simple "block") and simpler routing.

Speaking of routing, flexible "input/output" ports for the plugins used. Not only "stereo out" as in form of one little square, but 2 squares (as in mono), so I could create multiple mono arrays.

But that's just me. Until then, I prefer eXT1 since I'm not using it as host, but VST effect chainer (there it's really good at, despite some minor issues like crashing Wavelab).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Of course I can just use 1.4 as a vst and just use the old sampler then...it had a great pdf for it!

I think we need to focus on what tools will make work flow in xt2 better in terms of editing, tools, and stability.

While things like the synth and drumsampler are important and deserve attention, let's keep in mind that those are things that can be "carried" for awhile using other vst's.

Definately agree that that the vision is to have an "all-in-one" package, not unlike fruity loops, but I'm focused on making sure that we're happy with the foundation first.

BTW, lot's o' love to the EXT team to show us that they care!

keyman_sam wrote:Honestly now, not to be narrow minded but a multi out drum sampler is not the job of a host-developer. Especially for a host that has lots of things to fix and catch up on...that too with one (admitedly super-human) developer. Battery 3 is a fully developed multi out drum sampler. You're asking close to that thing for EXT. I see no point in it.

Truth being, no matter how much time a HOST dev. spends on a sampler, he won't get it as good as the guys who actually make samplers for a living.
having multiple outs would mean i could use xt's drum sampler more efficiently... right now i need several different instances on my sequencer to do something that i could do with one instance. i'm sure there are people out there that would love to have multi-out on xt2 drums.

about a year ago i thought that xt2 needed a lot of stuff fixed before adding stuf like the drum sampler, but more recently we had a compressor, filter, guitar amp, bit crusher, etc .... so jorgen wants to have the basics in his package as oposed to relying only on plugins. the ability to route different drum samples to diferent mixer groups is pretty basic in my book, at least. since some work has gone into improving the drum sampler, as a user i can only ask for the feature that would make it the most useable for me.

would it be the multi-out that would bring the drum sampler close to battery 3? i think it would bring it closer to most other decent software samplers, that's all.

Midi export, please.

Baxter

Composer like in eXT 1.4. But better (ex: selective velocity fade) and with a ton more features, bit like in Temper.

A right click merge option (for either audio or midi). For example, you have to clips of the same type (midi and midi, audio and audio and let's use 1 bar as an example). Drag one onto the other and the track splits into two (so you can see both clips). I would like the option to mute on or the other clip (like takes in reaper), or if I would like to merge the two (handy in midi - for instance left and right hand) into one clip.

i'd like the mixer to be slimmer,it doesn't fit too good on my screen.(1440x900_nearly,but not quite, vertically.)

selecting and moving parts within a track;when the mouse goes off screen there should be a speed up factor.

when you add a audio track it shouldn't automatically attach to soundcard audio-in.
i started getting feedback,and didn't realise why at first.surely,usually when you add a audio track it's to add some samples/audio not record live?

oh,and another vote for left-click/right-click locators please.

apologies if these have already been suggested.

One function i am really missing is the cut to clipboard and paste function in audio parts.
e.g. if you have drumloop and you want the kick to be slightly earlier it would be great to cut it and move it forwards.

another thing is multi-layering in drum sampler...

I just want back the left+click and right+click for loop markers. The current system in eXT2 is a PITA.
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

Return to “energyXT”