Admiral Quality Poly-ana offers custom skinning (and win a free license)!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Poly-Ana

I don't think it's his hobby, to the contrary I think it's his life, unfortunately. If I remember correctly he is not doing well at all financially, which is why I was against banning him.
I suppose that is also why he has that permanent sale, he needs sales badly.
Although I don't like his choleric ways, I wish him well.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't think it's his hobby, to the contrary I think it's his life, unfortunately. If I remember correctly he is not doing well at all financially, which is why I was against banning him.
Although I don't like his choleric ways, I wish him well.

it's his hobby when he's working at something else, for someone else, and this is something he does in his free time.

so - now that his main job has ended or something, his focus shifts back to poly-ana ? ... I mean, is that even the case ? at anyrate, assuming he has left his main job and poly-ana is now his primary focus in terms of work ... what happens when he gets another job ? hmmm ?

if he wants my $135 I'll need more dedication than what he's been giving for the last few years. And a better EULA.

I don't know. If I remember correctly he said in some thread that he lived in a tiny apartment in Canada, and that he was happy when he could afford to buy food :?

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't know. If I remember correctly he said in some thread that he lived in a tiny apartment in Canada, and that he was happy when he could afford to buy food :?

he's said a lot of stuff in some threads. if he's living the life of the proverbial pauper, he certainly hasn't been humbled by the experience.

anyways - sympathy/charity aside - the frequent, practically permanent sale prices are still too much for what's being delivered IMO.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't know. If I remember correctly he said in some thread that he lived in a tiny apartment in Canada, and that he was happy when he could afford to buy food :?
Canada is an expensive place. He could be coding from Rwanda and live like a king there. If all he does is Poly-Ana, that's ridiculously stupid and roundabout way to earn (or not!) a half-decent living.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJDpl2fPaxo

Poly-Ana isn't popular and the Admiral Quality brand isn't very large. It's unlikely he's living on sales. Development responsiveness doesn't imply it's his main occupation (although perhaps his passion). In any case this is nobody's f**king business but his.

Only on KVR could people feel validated having a stupid conversation about a developers uneventful living conditions just because said developer had something of a forum persona and was eventually banned. Full skinability has been patched in, that's very uncommon for a synth that's been around as long as Poly-Ana. It's a laborious set of work that isn't necessary but appreciated. Poly-Ana is stable and strong. All it has is on the table, if it doesn't have what you want whatever. Move on.

I'm assuming it's far too much to ask that we keep this thread on topic?

Just checked the new Anti-Aliasing feature in teh latest Beta (v1.30 Beta 2) and this seems to give great results even at the lowest oversampling setting and at high octaves.

The new button is left to the 5 buttons for the oversampling selection. Usually you would need the 4x oversamling (or more where 16x is maximum) to come close to the new anti-aliasing feature.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

toothnclaw wrote:He could be coding from Rwanda and live like a king there.
KingTuck wrote:I'm assuming it's far too much to ask that we keep this thread on topic?
Well, Admiral will sure need custom skin ability as new King of Rwanda. :wheee:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

In defence of AQ ... I've always found Mike to be extremely helpful and responsive any time I've had issues with new builds of Poly-Ana and SCAMP. I've used both since they were first released and will continue to use them. Mike recently made me a one-off XP version of the latest SCAMP update. I believe I was his only customer still using XP ...

I hope someone can come up with a GUI that puts an end to all the Poly-Ana hate.

Pyrotek45 wrote:god that's one ugly synth, and for HOW much? i would not even pay half the discounted price, no siree
+1 it needs a facelift, and it is too expensive in the saturated plugin market
Pyrotek45 wrote:inb4 people say gui doesn't matter. well it does to me!
GUI matters, but sound quality matters more.

chk071 wrote:Alright, good decision to make the drop-down menus default. Really, those knobs are the first thing which i notice when i look at the GUI, they look bad, and they're not very clear too.
To be honest i find dropdowns a lot worse than those dials since the dropdowns totally ruin the hardware look.

If i was making a skin for this, and i had full control over every aspect, i would either turn those dials into notched sliders, or, more likely, take a more 'digital' approach and turn them into little LED or fluorescent dot-matrix displays that can be dragged to drag-select with the additional option to rightclick them to be able to direct-select.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I hope someone can come up with a GUI that puts an end to all the Poly-Ana hate.
The first law of internetdynamics states you can't get rid of hate, you can only move it around :party:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

murnau wrote:
Pyrotek45 wrote:god that's one ugly synth, and for HOW much? i would not even pay half the discounted price, no siree

inb4 people say gui doesn't matter. well it does to me!
Yeah, just keep away from this synth then. It's nothing for you. :hihi:

duh
~Pyrotek45

Numanoid wrote:
+1 it needs a facelift, and it is too expensive in the saturated plugin market
Pyrotek45 wrote:inb4 people say gui doesn't matter. well it does to me!
GUI matters, but sound quality matters more.

gui matters to me more because if i can't use it, i can't program it. therefor there are no sounds to make.
~Pyrotek45

Pyrotek45 wrote:gui matters to me more because if i can't use it, i can't program it. therefor there are no sounds to make.
Good point

Return to “Instruments”