Baby Audio Smooth Operator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kr3eM wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:04 pm
e@rs wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 am I told them the exact same thing (well, in a more polite way :wink:). I got apologies for the [unintentional (they said)] misleading text and a refund offer.
Did they offer to compensate for the time wasted by demo/evaluate the plugin and making the purchase? As I said before, there's no excuse for things like this. I'm ust glad I didn't waste my time with it. I got as far as downloading it but I have grown wise over the years and will not evaluate a plugin until I'm certain the DRM don't have any external dependencies.

Lets say I would try the demo at home on a computer that is online, I type in the serial and the plugin calls home to a server for a C/R and it does so silent and gives no notice to the user that i does. Well then I would be under the impression that it is a simple serial number and nothing more...because thas what I have been told.

Then I spend a decent amount evaluating the demo, decide to buy it and when I'm at the studio and about to authorize it on my offline workstation then:
cmptsaysno.jpeg

....It doesn't matter if it's common practice or not: I would have been under the assumption that I bought a product with a selfcontained serial DRM because that is what I am looking to buy... I would have wasted time and effort, which in the end is money...add to that the time getting in contact with customer support and so on.

All that has to be done to avoid it is to make it clearly stated on the website. Then customers like me would not have waste any time with. So far they are lying to customers, simple as that..unintentional or not, incompetence is still no excuse but merly an explanation.

So, even though I dind't waste any time demo the plugin I have probably spend about an hour or so, looking into the DRM, reading threads about and eventually wrote posts in this thread... so yeah they still wasted my time by promoting it as a Serial Number DRM when it's a Online Authorization.

(Also, I made a pun at the end with a indication of using a f-word, I would hardly classify that as unpolite all things consider.... their site has still not change it and neither have KVR shop)
Nice picture of you :tu:

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:05 pm Nice picture of you :tu:
Thank you, make sure to subscribe to my OnlyFans account....

@ Kr3eM: How about sending them an email directly as I did, instead of writing long paragraphs (possibly in vain) here? Maybe they'll do some changes if more people approach them on this subject.

Kr3eM wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:38 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:05 pm Nice picture of you :tu:
Thank you, make sure to subscribe to my OnlyFans account....
Can we demo it first and then get compensation for the time that has been wasted? :lol:

Jkist wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:51 pm Offer to compensate you for the time wasted demo'ing the plugin? My goodness. We get it, you were horribly, horribly swindled and deceived. I hope one day you are able to recover from this. Personally I'm enjoying this plugin a lot. I understand the frustration of not being able to use the plugin on an offline machine, and do agree they should put a word in about that. But they gave you a refund, good on them, what more do you want? The only other thing they should do is update the site, but outside of that, they owe you nothing.
Are you refering to me? If so: I have no clue what you are all on about. I haven't bought the plugin, never said I did. I just made an example of possible consequenses.

e@rs wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:04 pm @ Kr3eM: How about sending them an email directly as I did, instead of writing long paragraphs (possibly in vain) here? Maybe they'll do some changes if more people approach them on this subject.
It's not in vain, it's for anyone else who spend time here on KVR reading up on plugins to get more information for various reasons. You have already emailed them so they are obsvioulsy aware.

One complaint should be enuff for any serious company, it is a case of false advertising afterall and is actually illegal in many contries.
("Any published claim or advertising material that gives consumers an incorrect understanding or belief about a product or service being offered. False advertising, also referred to as "deceptive advertising,")

I only have one question left for my own curiosity and is for anyone who have pruchased the plugin. Did it tell you that it connected to the internet when entering the license/authorization details?

Ploki wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:22 pm
simmo75 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:36 pm Is this similar to Teote?
yes and no.
TEOTE is a multi-multi-multi band compressor, this is a FFT based tool like ALL others except TEOTE.

TEOTE is special.

This looks like an affordable "TAME" mode of Gullfoss.
The point is if you buy the "all plugin bundle" at Baby Audio, you spend way much less than Gullfoss alone but... you get six amazing sound tools (go look and think...).

Smooth Operator has just found a place in my master chain, since it helps fast and easy to define a good starting point for the job to be done (without stressing the CPU as many other plugs), it really helps me and defines a smooth sound reference I like. They say it's an intelligent plugin, well, I just think it's wisely made. Those guys know their job...

matteogk wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:39 am The point is if you buy the "all plugin bundle" at Baby Audio, you spend way much less than Gullfoss alone but... you get six amazing sound tools (go look and think...).

Smooth Operator has just found a place in my master chain, since it helps fast and easy to define a good starting point for the job to be done (without stressing the CPU as many other plugs), it really helps me and defines a smooth sound reference I like. They say it's an intelligent plugin, well, I just think it's wisely made. Those guys know their job...
sure thing.
i wasn't arguing against it, just stating what it was (esp in relation to TEOTE)

I used gullfoss' only with tame 90% of the time, so "tame" with biasing is imo a good feature set for this type of spectral processor.

If i haven't bought soothe2 in the meantime since i sold gullfoss, i'd consider this.
as it is, i have no need for it. i have some other baby audio freebies but don't really care for them

Hey everyone, thanks for all the useful feedback. It means a lot! We gather all forum feedback for when we plan out our updates, so please keep the comments coming so we can keep on improving the plugin :)

As for the online activation: I can confirm that you need an online connection when activating, but only during activation. I apologize for any inconvenience and for us not having communicated this better in the past. As someone mentioned in this thread, we of course offer refunds to anyone who's unable to go online to activate their plugins. And as of 5 mins ago, we've updated the FAQ to include this info as well. We'll also update the manuals.

Thanks again for your comments and we're genuinely overwhelmed by all the positive feedback this latest release has gotten!
Please let me know if you have any feature suggestions for a future update.

/Caspar
BABY Audio
babyaud.io

BABY Audio wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:17 am Please let me know if you have any feature suggestions for a future update.
Obviously, offline activation. :wink:

BABY Audio wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:17 am Hey everyone, thanks for all the useful feedback. It means a lot! We gather all forum feedback for when we plan out our updates, so please keep the comments coming so we can keep on improving the plugin :)

As for the online activation: I can confirm that you need an online connection when activating, but only during activation. I apologize for any inconvenience and for us not having communicated this better in the past. As someone mentioned in this thread, we of course offer refunds to anyone who's unable to go online to activate their plugins. And as of 5 mins ago, we've updated the FAQ to include this info as well. We'll also update the manuals.

Thanks again for your comments and we're genuinely overwhelmed by all the positive feedback this latest release has gotten!

/Caspar
BABY Audio
Hey Caspar,

tx for chiming in. I'd like to know what your "online activation exit strategy" is, just in case that baby audio and its activation server/service disappeared one day (yeah, "that won't happen any time soon" and all, and I wish you all the best, but better safe than sorry)...

Do you regularly compile another build that would work without online activation that all registered customers would receive?

Just activated my Smooth Operator quickly and flawlessly :tu:

BABY Audio wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:17 am Please let me know if you have any feature suggestions for a future update.

/Caspar
BABY Audio
AUTOMATIC GAIN COMPENSATION, A/B for comparisons (with a copy), a dark theme (like when you click on bypass... don't have to add a fourth button on the gui, enough if you let us click on the current active color to turn it dark), maybe a dry/wet or 'intensity' knob for global %, that's from the top of my head, again AUTOMATIC GAIN COMPENSATION :)

and it would be much more convenient if you could disconnect the Threshold node from the white line so it will behave more naturally when we're playing with the two middle nodes

thx
Chris

BABY Audio wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:17 am
  • more EQ nodes
  • different quality settings (current low CPU mode for realtime mixing + insane quality mode for rendering)
  • Delta signal monitoring to solo the gain-reduced part of the signal

plz more EQ node ,
a dark GUI ,
and please a solo button for each node not one for all,

to reply for the one who asking if it is different than teote : yes ! it is, teote is a more subtil tool, it is a plugin you must read the manual to understand it.smooth op is a lot more easy to use.
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

Return to “Effects”