Anyone got or tested out the Sequential Pro3?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not up to date on the latest and greatest things but if I were going to try to mimic my favorite aspects of the Pro3, there are a few things a synth would need to be able to do.
- Open feedback loop between output (post FX) and filter input.
- Audio rate modulation sources available in the mod matrix.
- Tuned delay line/comb filter after the filter (and thus part of the aforementioned feedback loop).
- Output VCA which can be opened without note input.
- Digital and analog oscillators.
- Sequencers which can be used as modulation generators.
- Preset morphing.

There are probably plug-ins which can do most if not all of these things and perhaps even get close to the sound of the Pro 3. I find the Pro3 to be very inspiring to work with, so I haven't gone looking for anything to replace it. If you are looking for like super modulated sounds, I might suggest trying ACE or Bazille, since you already have already tried some other u-He synths.

I was actually going to suggest Zebra for building something similar in architecture to the Pro 3. I don't think it will sound the same, but you should be able to get close with 3 OSC's based on analog and digital waveforms, a similar range of filter types, the sequencer, etc. Not nearly as many mod slots, but Zebra's twelve should be adequate for most patches.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”