Mastering compressor that doesn't take away the air

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DCrown wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:28 am TDR Kotelnikov GE offers frequency dependent ratio similar to dynamic eq,
so you can avoid compressing high frequencies
Was going to post about this. Learning this back in the day was really an eye opener (and ear wax remover? eh).
Remember to try this with a slight sidechain filtering, or turn it completely off.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

hey212 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:50 pm By far the best thing I've found for gentle compression without harming a single shred of the frequency spectrum of the source material is the Amek Mastering Compressor. Best thing Brainworx have ever coded up IMO.
That would be my pick for "air" as well. Elysia's Alpha Compressor is another good one that fits this requirement as well.

A good tip is house these in mid-side mode, dial it in with the parameter's linked, then unlink, mess with the side's threshold and turn up its output just a bit more. Providing you don't have too much width in your mix already this is a great way to dial in extra air in most situations.

Unisum and/or MDWDRC2 would be my pick(s). Cenozoix if set accordingly, too.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

I wrote Density MKII, but I meant Density MKIII. New version. This thing just adds body.

Return to “Effects”