Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Someone even pointed out that by modifying the XML of a Satin preset, you can load it in Velvet. They really are basically the same except Velvet doesn't have the option to use the Asperity knob behind the scenes.

EvilDragon wrote:Velvet IS Satin. A cut-back version. So in essence, you already have it.
Alright, thank you.

Guess it was obvious and I was stupid on that one.

Not sure if this was discussed (or if it exists yet as I'm still making my way around) but how about the ability to copy/paste one module up to an entire lane from one preset to another, or the ability to layer from within the plugin itself. More than once I thought, "how would this pad, sound layered with that EP" or "this arpeggio would sound cool in a split with that bass." Zebra just seems particularly well suited to layering and splits IMO, and anything that makes that easier would be nice.

Synthesis Technology WaveEdit

viewtopic.php?p=6927426#p6927426
Urs wrote:So lately I'm thinking vector synthesis, maybe with spatial qualities ("stereo waveforms", if that term exists) or even wavetables. Both methods (vector & wavetable) have never really resonated well with me though. So I have yet to find the spark that makes me jump into development. I do however find the open source editor from Synthesis Technology quite intrigueing, and I'm of course knee deep in the realtime wave morphing technology for Zebra 3. So it might very well be that something like it pops up one day.
Yay we will be able to use Synthesis Technology WaveEdit to load wavetables into Hive and Zebra3! Thanks u-he! :D
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:Synthesis Technology WaveEdit

viewtopic.php?p=6927426#p6927426
Urs wrote:So lately I'm thinking vector synthesis, maybe with spatial qualities ("stereo waveforms", if that term exists) or even wavetables. Both methods (vector & wavetable) have never really resonated well with me though. So I have yet to find the spark that makes me jump into development. I do however find the open source editor from Synthesis Technology quite intrigueing, and I'm of course knee deep in the realtime wave morphing technology for Zebra 3. So it might very well be that something like it pops up one day.
Yay we will be able to use Synthesis Technology WaveEdit to load wavetables into Hive and Zebra3! Thanks u-he! :D
Hehehe, no promises. Just pretty thoughts.

Urs could you please authorise the u-he accountants to buy a Synthesis Technology E370 or E352 and make a few videos using it? Maybe make some wavetables with the u-he synths, load them and play around.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:Urs could you please authorise the u-he accountants to buy a Synthesis Technology E370 or E352 ...
I tried asking my accountant about these and she just glared at me and muttered something about "hell freezing over" and "feed the kids first". :x
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

spunkmuffin wrote:Urs could you please authorise the u-he accountants to buy a Synthesis Technology E370 or E352 and make a few videos using it? Maybe make some wavetables with the u-he synths, load them and play around.
Maybe after my summer holiday.

Here's a view on Zebra 3 that I bet few have offered :- Don't do it.

Seriously . When you're at the top of the mountain, the only way is not up.

I will for sure buy Zebra 3 , but nothing can grow/improve forever.

I am actually quite an optimistic person :)

One question about 2.8 - will there be any more patches , tweaks and bug removals to 2.8 and the inclusion of the 2 new FX into Zebrify? or is it 2.8 as it is until either 2.9 or 3 ?

Actually, I was just about to ask about Zebrify…

I've only just purchased Zebra since the launch of the 2.8 Beta, and I decided to install and work with 2.8. As well as loving the synth and all the possibilities it offers, I really love the new reverb and it would be great to use it with other VSTi's for a more unified sound.

I’m 99% sure I didn’t download Zebrify, so my question is will Zebrify be available as part of the download when Zebra 2.8 becomes a final release, and will it have the 2 new FX?

Zebrify is installed along Zebra 2... It was also updated with the DotEight skin, but no NuVerb or Fold modules in it just yet...

Will Zebra3 include the add-ons of ZebraHZ ?

If not interested in the Dark Zebra presets, then just waiting for Zebra3 is the way to go, yes?

Toddskins wrote:Will Zebra3 include the add-ons of ZebraHZ ?

If not interested in the Dark Zebra presets, then just waiting for Zebra3 is the way to go, yes?
If you just buy Zebra3 then you get Zebra3 when it eventually comes out.

If you buy Dark Zebra now, you still get the exact same outcome for the same amount of money. But you also get another excellent VSTi for free. And you get that VSTi right now, vs. the alternative of having neither right now.

AnalogGuy1 wrote:
Toddskins wrote:Will Zebra3 include the add-ons of ZebraHZ ?

If you just buy Zebra3 then you get Zebra3 when it eventually comes out.

If you buy Dark Zebra now, you still get the exact same outcome for the same amount of money. But you also get another excellent VSTi for free. And you get that VSTi right now, vs. the alternative of having neither right now.

Where I saw the info. (perhaps things are different now), Dark Zebra was $99 which includes the ZebraHZ. But I think I saw in one of the posts that Urs said that Zebra3 would be listed for $249, so it would be an upgrade price for existing 2.7 owners of (I cannot remember the figure) $29 or $39 or $49. If what I just wrote is still true, then my getting the existing 2.7 version and then adding the upgrade fee when 3.0 comes out would get the extra components (and probably a lot more) that are already in the ZebraHZ version (minus the presets).

This is what I was basing my post on. Do I need some correcting?

Toddskins wrote:getting the existing 2.7 version and then adding the upgrade fee when 3.0 comes out would get the extra components (and probably a lot more) that are already in the ZebraHZ version (minus the presets).

This is what I was basing my post on. Do I need some correcting?
Zebra HZ has Diva filters added so it's not just the soundset. But the soundset is awesome.

As far as I know those Diva filters won't be in Zebra 3. Urs said (if memory serves me) that U-he would continue to support Zebra HZ so I don't think they would build Zebra HZ into Zebra 3.

Return to “u-he”