Loomer Architect: A modular MIDI toolkit

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bharris22 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:03 pm I am using Architect as a VST within a host (Kore 2). When I press play on the host transport, I would like Architect to send a note on message for a midi note I select, and when I press stop on the host transport, I would like Architect to send a note off message for that note. I am sure this is possible, but can't figure out how to do it yet (I'm still very new to Architect).
There are "on play" and "on stop" objects you can use to trigger actions based on the transport.

Great - thanks! I will check these out.

Colin, I think someting weird is going on when architect receives start-stop messages from the host
See this screenshot .
WHen host is stopped and I double click the Data module ( value 0 ) the "pack noteon" is send , but when then pressing start or stop in the host , the note automatically stops while there is NO NOTE OFF present .
Seems that architect automatically resets.
Edit , also happens in standalone , just execute the data module and then press start-stop in architect .
Or press play in architect , exeute data module then press stop , not automatically stops when it shouldn't
Will make a new topic about it
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Just purchased this and very excited about the possibilities (I use Bidule and numerology quite a bit and this seems like an advance in terms of depth and flexibility for midi specifically!).
But also... I'm now strictly on Apple silicon except for one ancient MacBook Pro that would take some significant effort to integrate back into the studio and performance setups - and I would love to use Architect within the now almost rosetta-free integration of my main production machine. Is there any timeline yet on an Apple silicon version? I saw some previous posts from a few months back but the Mac download is still just intel.
filmmaker/composer - http://www.brookhinton.com

Hello bhinton. I have Apple Silicon native builds done internally, but I'm happy to let you have access. Could you PM me your email address and I'll sort you out.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hi, how can I extend and shorten the length of a note, do legato etc in mono/grid/poly step sequencer?
I can't for the life of me figure it out. Usually you can just grab the end of the note in piano rolls. I haven't found a note length parameter in the properties either but I can see on screenshots that this is indeed possible.

Use the `gate` row, and extend it to the maximum value to tie a step to the following step. If the next step is the same pitch, it will treat them as an elongated note; if the next step is a different pitch, it will overlap them slightly to give a legato effect (if the destination synth is configured as such.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Bought it just now! :D

I've been monitoring this thread for quite a while - Architect is an extremely interesting piece of software; I'm confident that it will gather hard-core users/followers around it's pool...

I still have my original Aspect receipt from late night Sunday, January 3rd, 2010; and my String receipt from early morning Saturday, June 5th, of the same year.

A mere 13 years ago! :hihi: :party:

Thanks, much appreciated!

Any news ?
Eyeball exchanging

I'm combining some last fixes into a public 0.10 release - just waiting on a few testers to get back to me and for me to get fixes to some testers - and then I need to dot some i's on the 0.11, which (I believe) is now workflow and feature complete.

colin@loomer wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:37 amI need to dot some i's on the 0.11, which (I believe) is now workflow and feature complete.
Just launch it as v1.0, proper release.
Make a bit of buzz, let people use it, buy it, spread the word, build a proper user community around it.
Architect is one of the best pieces of software ever, but at this pace it won't get anywhere.
:pray:

+ 1000 to the above post
Architect has been stable for years , I spread the word about it's awesomness whenever I can .
No matter what , with the next release there will be new introduced bugs which again will take considerable time to fix (depending on amount of bugs) , this would not happen if you let us betatest it .
Think about it Colin .
It's time for Architect to go Gold , release it
Eyeball exchanging

Agreed, it's amazing already. Solid as a rock too. Release it!

One more vote!

Return to “Loomer”