NI Summer of sound has begun

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anlon wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:36 am
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:33 pm Actually you are wrong. You can just format the HDD to its full size by recreate new partition (wich is just few clicks job in a control panel - administrative tools - computer management - disk management) with full size of what HDD gives and use it as regular external hdd. Wich means then you also can install/playback libraries. Thats what im doing, just using it as a regular HDD.
Good to know. My box came with a warning label "Just for installation purposes. Do not format" :o
You would already know, but that's because it is not officially intended and you will void the warranty if you do so.

It's a trade of. If you format, you will have to download everything again if you ever need to install from scratch. Not a major problem for most, but it defeats the main purpose of buying the box version. Of course, ultimately it is just that you are getting a HDD almost free of cost.

For 50 euro you can buy a 1 TB harddrive.
Up to you to decide whether it's worth to format the NI drive.

Has everybody received their 25$ e-voucher already?
Mine hasn‘t arrived three days after updating Komplete Ultimate...

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:55 am Has everybody received their 25$ e-voucher already?
I received my $25 voucher for Select 5 hours after I placed the order on the NI website, and I received another $25 voucher almost immediately after purchasing the Komplete 12 Std Upgrade from JRR (though I still haven't received the serial ;) ). I'd suggest you to contact NI, since they say it might take up to 48 hours after purchase for them to deliver it.

BeeDog wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:08 am
martinjuenke wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:55 am Has everybody received their 25$ e-voucher already?
I received my $25 voucher for Select 5 hours after I placed the order on the NI website, and I received another $25 voucher almost immediately after purchasing the Komplete 12 Std Upgrade from JRR (though I still haven't received the serial ;) ). I'd suggest you to contact NI, since they say it might take up to 48 hours after purchase for them to deliver it.
I did that 48 hours ago and got no response so far...

What are the drives for? Do they contain the installers, or are they for the samples/Kontakt sounds?

@Martin: I got my e-voucher as well, about 12 hours after i activated Komplete.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:14 am What are the drives for? Do they contain the installers, or are they for the samples/Kontakt sounds?

They contain installers for software and library content for applicable products.

I registered mine yesterday (> 12 hours now), no e-voucher yet. I think I should wait until Monday.

Thanks.

I was just wondering if i can install the Kontakt library on a external hard drive... space is always an issue for me on the drive where i have my audio stuff and games. Still have a unused 100 GB SSD with SATA to USB adapter.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:40 am Thanks.

I was just wondering if i can install the Kontakt library on a external hard drive... space is always an issue for me on the drive where i have my audio stuff and games.
:tu:
Indeed you can. Simply install all your software programs on the system drive and all the library content (for all products if you want) on a different drive. I think it is better to have all the library/sound content in one drive.

However, in case you are not aware of, please ensure you do not change paths later, otherwise future updates might be a problem. This depends on a specific case, but I would avoid that. If you change your library content folder, you can always point it to the correct folder in Native Access once you see an error icon wrt folder location.

Overall, Native Instruments products installation system is probably the best I have seen for any products that I own. Love it!
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

They must be overwhelmed with orders.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:44 am

I was just wondering if i can install the Kontakt library on a external hard drive... space is always an issue for me on the drive where i have my audio stuff and games.
:tu:
Indeed you can. Simply install all your software programs on the system drive and all the library content (for all products if you want) on a different drive. I think it is better to have all the library/sound content in one drive.

However, in case you are not aware of, please ensure you do not change paths later, otherwise future updates might be a problem. This depends on a specific case, but I would avoid that. If you change your library content folder, you can always point it to the correct folder in Native Access once you see an error icon wrt folder location.
Thanks, that's good to know. :)

I was just wondering if i can install the Kontakt library on a external hard drive... space is always an issue for me on the drive where i have my audio stuff and games. Still have a unused 100 GB SSD with SATA to USB adapter.
100 GB SSD might get filled by just 2 or 3 NI products, so be careful. lol ;)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:33 am
chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:14 am What are the drives for? Do they contain the installers, or are they for the samples/Kontakt sounds?

They contain installers for software and library content for applicable products.

I registered mine yesterday (> 12 hours now), no e-voucher yet. I think I should wait until Monday.
Monday is Bank Holiday in Germany. :scared:

Sparky77 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:47 am They must be overwhelmed with orders.
https://youtu.be/1t-gK-9EIq4

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:52 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:33 am

Monday is Bank Holiday in Germany. :scared:
I see, but e-voucher delivery seems to be an automatic system, isn't it? I guess we could receive it even today or tomorrow or maybe Sunday? :neutral:

Has everyone got or at least ordered their Komplete?

We should start discussing the next important question: What to use e-voucher for (once it comes)? :D :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”