EchoLab - (closed) beta test - release candidate 1

Official support for: rs-met.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

About the name: EchoLab is good, but DelayLab sounds more professional to me... :shrug:

There's already a plugin called DelayLab by breakscience.

Dozius wrote:There's already a plugin called DelayLab by breakscience.
oh. never mind... :oops:

edit: Actually, I just had a look around Google for DelayLab, and while Google is aware of the plug, I was unable to turn up a usable download link for it. Maybe it really doesn't exist anymore...

DelayLab is cool as well, but i actually prefer EchoLab because it somehow flows better and the term 'Echo' seems to be more intuitive and musical than the more technical 'Delay' (not that i object technical terms in general, but we already have the 'Lab')
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

bk wrote:
My biggest request...How about changing the color of the selected node, rather than changing its appearance. I think that would make it much easier to see what you're actually working with.
...and if the feedback spikes changed color with the selected node, would be even better. :)

bk wrote: My biggest request...How about changing the color of the selected node, rather than changing its appearance. I think that would make it much easier to see what you're actually working with.
I was actually thinking of saying something similar. If the node's color changes, the feedback indicators should also change color with it. This would help immensely once the feedback indicators get busy.

O.K. - this sounds indeed like a good idea. i will probably do that for the next version.

after some sidesteps, i have now finally managed to implement the color-change on node-selection as well as some hopefully better indication for the panorama-position by means of drawing the left and right echo-impulses in an upper and lower rail embedded in the plot - not quite unlike the suggestion from Chester Desmond, but not spiking from the middle line but spiking into the plot from the outsides (i guess this is a pretty awkward description, anyway - you'll hopefully understand when you see it). and i have renamed the whole thing into 'EchoLab'. here it is:

www.rs-met.com/software/betas/EchoLab_RC1.zip

if no major showstoppers (like crashes and such) are present, i'd consider that version as release candidate (hence the 'RC1'). you will have to replace the 'DelayDesigner' part of the filename in your keyfiles with 'EchoLab', and the keyfile should continue to work. if that causes any problems just let me know. in the meanwhile i'll address the writing of the manual and getting the whole package ready for release. for those who would like to contribute some presets, now would be a good time to send them to me. i hope to get the release out the door by end of this week....

see you, robin

Just saw this today. Too late to try out now, but hopefully tomorrow...
Thanks!

i have now written the user manual, here it is:

www.rs-met.com/documents/manuals/EchoLabUserManual.pdf

comments on that are welcome as well. ...now on with packaging everything into a neat bundle and updating the website....

Manual expains the plug very well!
My studio is in pieces right now but I hope to have some time over the next week to play with the release candidate and get some presets off to you.

Cool, the colouring of only the working delay line really helps with clarity. The way panning is visually represented works really well this way too. I'll send whatever presets I can come up with tomorrow.

Is anyone else experiencing heavy clicks-and-pops? This has only happened to me on Echolab RC1. Just to be sure this hadn't happened before, I re-loaded DelayDesigner and it sounded fine.

Basically, there are clicks and pops any time a tap is added or modified (even if I'm just shifting volume or pan).

The colored feedback is a great feature though. Thanks for implementing it.

Edit:
I figured out it was one of my presets where the pops were happening. I sent that preset plus a small batch of others I've made to your e-mail.

The latest interface improvements are quite nice. Plugin is stable so far.

thelizard wrote:there are clicks and pops any time a tap is added or modified (even if I'm just shifting volume or pan).

Edit:
I figured out it was one of my presets where the pops were happening. I sent that preset plus a small batch of others I've made to your e-mail.
mmhh...this is strange. i sometimes have slight crackles when adjusting the delaytime (which is - although not really desirable - somewhat expected behavior). but i can't reproduce the pops on volume changes. what host are you using?
The colored feedback is a great feature though. Thanks for implementing it.
good to hear. in the meanwhile, i have fixed some minor issue in the plot (namely, that muted delaylines were drawn without their spikes, which was not intended) - so here's another RC with the fix:

www.rs-met.com/software/betas/EchoLab_RC2.zip

thanks, for the presets, by the way - i think, i'll set up a section on the website for third party presets.

Return to “rs-met”