Dune 3.5 - 20+ Skins [Size: Huge]+ Extras - May 2022

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

oonabe wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:18 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:23 am
There actually is code, or rather more appropriately a script required for the GUI's to work. The script provides more advanced editing such as knob, button positions and control over aspects of the displays so you can't do everything in changing the design by graphical editing alone. Also, creating the graphics is not so simple in all cases... and can be a very long-winded process, whilst requiring the knowledge and skills to do it. In effect, you can do really simple edits of the graphics such as adding a texture or changing colours, but Dune 3 whilst not as complex to edit as other synths such as Hive 2 or Zebra, still takes effort to go figure things out beyond the basics with being able to figure out the scripting side. Each script for each GUI size is unique, knob position and displays are different, whilst graphics need to be rescaled down if they are not already when edited. Not all graphics match the knob positions between different scripts and there are multiple screens you need to check so things are displayed correctly.
Short question, did you use vector graphics for your skins or did you work directly with png files?

By the way, I'm using your variation of the 'grey' skin as my default Dune 3 skin now, but the Led screen is not looking dark as in the screenshots you posted but exactly like the original from Synapse, did I miss something or are there different versions of it?
I use Photoshop CS6 and edit the .png images directly, but keep a PSD version of images if needed. Drawing shapes with the pen tool is sort of vector graphics based, so it's sort of vector but not really as one might do with a dedicated vector program.

Changes to the main screen were made in the Space Age version where it's greyscale rather than default purple colour which all the others have. The subsequent versions you see posted in this thread are using the same dark greyscale version.

As mentioned in my initial post there is a duplicate of the 'Grey GUI', (flat) simply to help in navigating.

T-I Large (the flat version) uses the original purple screen.

The LED segments were made a little darker than the T-I 1 versions, which I now realise what you might be getting at. This was to try and better match the colours.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I'm using default size, any other would look too big on my screen, so I'll stick with the lighter main screen, any ways thanks for the quick and informative answer, I definitely want to give it a try and create some skins for Dune 3 myself if I find the time for that :)

Terminator Theme GUI.

New fonts... a mix of element styles and new panel design plus a change in keyboard design.

Brushed Metal GUI

Blue Steel GUI

New: Black Steel Bur GUI

New: Black Mold - 1 GUI

New: Black Mold - 2 GUI

New: Tiger Skin GUI

Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

are there any download links for that Terminator GUI? I cannot seem to find it

oonabe wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:35 pm are there any download links for that Terminator GUI? I cannot seem to find it
Atm the Terminator GUI and variations of it are still in the 'Huge' size. When I'm at the stage where I'm happy and don't feel the need to do more work on them, I'll put them up for download. They are really to show the progress in the evolution of the GUI and ideas I come up with along the way. The aim is create a completely new GUI design, but I will only be doing it for the largest size when I get to that point. I'm really doing this for fun to keep myself busy in the evening's than the self-induced tedium it can bring also. Keeping the same consistency so the GUI's all look the same graphically for different sizes is a bit of a pain, and requires constant cross-checks / starting the DAW and quitting the DAW to see the changes made.

I thinking of new ideas such as digital readouts for the larger knobs, and doing more GUI cuts to the design, to minimise the empty space. This will hopefully help provide a more minimal look and aid some streamline to the workflow.

Been busy in Photoshop... new skins... not sure about the tiger skin though....

nice work

Would it be possible to give this type of function:
You hover mouse over Oscilators Semi knob or Fine knob and it automatically would shows the Semi or Fine amount? (Now you need to click the knob to see the amount)

Just curious if this would be possible to do? Would be pretty useful at least for my lazy work flow:D

Bartone wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:36 pm Would it be possible to give this type of function:
You hover mouse over Oscilators Semi knob or Fine knob and it automatically would shows the Semi or Fine amount? (Now you need to click the knob to see the amount)

Just curious if this would be possible to do? Would be pretty useful at least for my lazy work flow:D
This is more on the side of Synapse integrating this type of core functionality that one can switch on and off. Many of the knobs are 1-100% in knob position so this could be done by using digits instead of knobs. Small knobs in close proximity would really need to be repositioned to have more space for these values though.

New: Reflect GUI - Current project stages begun on top left oscillator section.

Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Great work, thank you so much!
Nothing is as it seems.!?

V3.5 Space Age - Large Set - Includes 3 Backgrounds (See Background Folder)

Note:

3.5 Space Age is a fusion of all the original GUI's supplied with Dune 3 but modified graphically and at script level so knobs and buttons and other elements are correctly positioned.

Fusion of these interfaces include the white interface shown here. The Grey skin here, and the default skin here. These are included in the product you purchase.

The aim of these new GUI's below is to keep some familiarity between the skins provided with Dune but at the same time adding more of a stylistic feel to them.

Space Age Large Download 15 MB

____________________________________________________________________________________

V3.5 Space Age - Update 1_2

This update includes an update to the filter section screen at the bottom, which was recreated from scratch and to match each of the coloured interfaces. This section hasn't been implemented previously on any of the GUIs I've presented to this detail, which is important in regard to clarity. These interfaces are for the large size only. The elements that have been changed are included in the 'Backgrounds' folder within the zip file.

For convince, included also is the 'Grey' GUI, which you can find highlighted in the original Dune 3.0 thread here. This is slightly changed in style rather than made to look more 3D.

Revised Update: December 1st 2021

Fixes the middle filter background elements across the three main dark, orange, and blue interfaces. (Visible lines, colours and texture). The images changed are the 3 FilterEffectRouteDisplay's

The contents of the update 1_2 zip can replace the previous update or you can copy the files manually.

Included also is the old CyberPunk (Steampunk GUI) from the Dune 3.0 set within the background folder.

Space Age - Large Download - Update 1_2 Set 17.5 MB

V3.5 Space Age - Update 1_2

[ Use this download set if you prefer not to manually copy and rename graphic files ] Includes Readme file.

Dune 1_2 Update Bundle Set - [ Drag & Drop Multi Set ] All Dune 3_5 Skin Graphics + Skin Sets For Each ]

Huge Download: 57 MBs Download here.

Blue GUI - 1_2 Update:

Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:40 am, edited 18 times in total.

I really like your choice of colors and 3D realism. I jumped on the flat GUI bandwagon a number of years ago. But with such a high resolution screen on my iMac, I have been enjoying the detail found in skins like this one.

Jus tot be clear, it's for the LARGE size only?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

morphex wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:51 pm I really like your choice of colors and 3D realism. I jumped on the flat GUI bandwagon a number of years ago. But with such a high resolution screen on my iMac, I have been enjoying the detail found in skins like this one.
Yeah, flat GUI's have never done it for me if that's all there is to look at. Space Age is a fusion of all the skins provided but re-sculpted in design and carefully selected colours that work together. It's a matter of balance to keep the synergy between everything that's familiar with everything that's going to work well. It's easy to rush that and end up with colours that don't match or design changes that don't sit correctly.

Return to “Instruments”