Contest: January "1min 30 sec" speed crash"” Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mister Natural wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:28 pm I'm not purity-testing anyone's submission whether it meets the theme or not

just : Izzit good music done with computer ? Honestly, I don't need to hear singer/songwriter things in KVR, there are plenty of forums for that elsewhere. I believe his place is about DAWs & VSTs & Music therein.

I wanna hear inventiveness and something maybe compelling.
Might as well make it a free for all every month.

The Noodlist wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:59 pmMight as well make it a free for all every month.
no, it's not binary
what I mean by inventiveness might be how the musician interprets the theme-of-the-month. What is done with the suggestion. Where they GO with the idea.
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:18 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:59 pmMight as well make it a free for all every month.
no, it's not binary
what I mean by inventiveness might be how the musician interprets the theme-of-the-month. What is done with the suggestion. Where they GO with the idea.
Exactly!
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

no, it's not binary
My reply was to
Mister Natural wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:28 pm I'm not purity-testing anyone's submission whether it meets the theme or not

just : Izzit good music done with computer ? Honestly, I don't need to hear singer/songwriter things in KVR, there are plenty of forums for that elsewhere. I believe his place is about DAWs & VSTs & Music therein.
So, February's theme is 2 chords. So if I use as many chords as I like and if it's done well, that's what counts the most?

I would find that unfair to those who followed the guidelines. Also, some entrants are better at mixing than others, I take this into consideration.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ive always seen the theme as nothing more than "inspiration".
everyone is going to have their own judgement on what works for them.

i like to enter when the theme inspires a thought, does my thought always align with what is intended?
not even in my normal day to day life, so certainly not here :hihi:

Well done Beanpole, well deserved.

The Noodlist wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:24 pm
no, it's not binary
My reply was to

So, February's theme is 2 chords. So if I use as many chords as I like and if it's done well, that's what counts the most?

I would find that unfair to those who followed the guidelines. Also, some entrants are better at mixing than others, I take this into consideration.
No you can only use 2 chord in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”