Eventide Anthology XII

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Orville71 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:24 pm The upgrade discount tier is based on the value of your existing plug-ins, not the amount of titles you own. For example "Undulator" represents a lower value than "H3000 Factory".

For those that own everything and are seeing a $39 price, you don't have to update, however, if you do this will get you added value in the future. Stay tuned.
What about the owners of the previous Anthology and the H9 bundle? It does not seem like the H9 bundle is being recognized for upgrade discounts.

SirKen wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:48 pm
Orville71 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:24 pm The upgrade discount tier is based on the value of your existing plug-ins, not the amount of titles you own. For example "Undulator" represents a lower value than "H3000 Factory".

For those that own everything and are seeing a $39 price, you don't have to update, however, if you do this will get you added value in the future. Stay tuned.
What about the owners of the previous Anthology and the H9 bundle? It does not seem like the H9 bundle is being recognized for upgrade discounts.
Every title and all bundles are counted towards your upgrade discount.

For those that own everything and are seeing a $39 price, you don't have to update, however, doing so will get you added value in the future. Stay tuned
Nice. I assume this discount is an introductory offer. How long do we have before it expires?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:20 pm Nice. I assume this discount is an introductory offer. How long do we have before it expires?
The offer is good through April 30th, 2022.

You are not actually adressing the concearns people voiced in this thread. Nobody was counting the numbers of plugins he/she has here. So I wonder why you answer asd if that was what we did. We're not that stupid.

People were actually comparing what they have and the upgrade price they see.

I for instance have everything besides the never H9 plugins (Shimmerverb, Spring, Crystals, MicroPitch, CrushStation, TriceraChorus, Rotary Mod, Undulator) and SplitEQ and I am seeing $159.80 - someone else seems to have the exact same plugins as me but is seeing a much lower upgrade price.

And to reiterate: you can of course ask whatever you want - that's your choice - and we have ours.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:21 pm
You are not actually adressing the concearns people voiced in this thread. Nobody was counting the numbers of plugins he/she has here. So I wonder why you answer asd if that was what we did. We're not that stupid.
I did. He was probably responding to my speculation that it was based on the number of individual licenses. One thing that I think that they should bring back is the ability to exclude some titles from the upgrade. SoundToys does this. It's not the end of the world for me, but, I probably would have excluded my BlackHole license and I suspect that some professional users with multiple licenses on the same account don't necessarily want to include all of their licenses in an upgrade.

Oh, I see - my bad then, I must have overread that - apologies. :oops:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:21 pm You are not actually adressing the concearns people voiced in this thread. Nobody was counting the numbers of plugins he/she has here.

People were actually comparing what they have and the upgrade price they see.
Yep!

It's possible to have bought a bunch of H9 plugins, SP2016, and upgraded to the H9 bundle, and spent $300 (even with deals). Then someone else sits on 4 plugins they paid $29 each for, and they get the better offers? Really Eventide? Really? :roll:

What do you think it teaches existing customers? Is that the "reward" structure you want to create? One which takes no account of what is actually paid, and where people must guess the "right" plugins (usually based on an imaginary value which bears little relation to what much of the market is prepared to pay) to get the best future discounts?

When companies start playing games like this I'll actively avoid them. There's a plethora of choice and no need to put up with any such nonsense. Please rethink.

Clearly the only way out of this mess is for Anthology XII to be a free upgrade for all existing Eventide customers. :D
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:29 pm One thing that I think that they should bring back is the ability to exclude some titles from the upgrade. SoundToys does this. It's not the end of the world for me, but, I probably would have excluded my BlackHole license
Does a Blackhole license ever escape these "upgrades"? ;) I wonder what criteria they actually decide to pick the plugins on? Alphabetical order? Or (if wearing a cynical hat :party: ) based on popularity and (thus) ability to resell?
and I suspect that some professional users with multiple licenses on the same account don't necessarily want to include all of their licenses in an upgrade.
Yep. Or at least pick the ones which are actually used..

jamcat wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:49 pm Clearly the only way out of this mess is for Anthology XII to be a free upgrade for all existing Eventide customers. :D
Well, you'd at least think it would be for those who owned everything! :D They just might want to actually, y'know take how much cash people give them into account. Offers which leave some users hundreds of dollars out of pocket, versus others, just because they picked the "wrong" options could, maybe, be improved on just a bit, huh?

But if the idea was to provide disincentives, for people to actually buy anything between bundles, then I guess they're going the right way about it..

Orville71 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:24 pm For those that own everything and are seeing a $39 price, you don't have to update, however, doing so will get you added value in the future. Stay tuned
Owned everything before, didn't realize there was nothing new in the bundle (my own fault), and thus purchased the upgrade for $39. Hopefully there is some future benefit -- otherwise it was the first time I paid $39 and got nothing of value in return. I'll stay tuned....

Orville71 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:24 pm For those that own everything and are seeing a $39 price, you don't have to update, however, doing so will get you added value in the future. Stay tuned
cool. this was my hope when i updated. thanks :) looking forward to whatever comes.

The lic surrender thing seems weird, I had to surrender a bunch I never had to before. 7 of them. I don't really see the point in that, but whatever. The last 2 Anthology upgrades cost me $40.95 in total. :shrug:

Curious, I own Anthology XI and the H9 bundle, when I checked yesterday I thought my personal upgrade price was $70, I just checked again and it's $39.99. Odd but good.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Effects”