MuLab 9.2.22 (CLAP plugin support)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sl23 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:40 am Wow! That was quick! CLAP must be a lot easier to develop than VST3 seeing how quick this happened! Excellent job will test my uhe stuff with it when I get time. Thanks Jo :tu:
CLAP is almost as simple as VST2, although it is all very explicitly defined and structured. Oh, and documented.

I hope this helps put another nail in the coffin of vendor-specific formats {VST, AU, AAX, MAS).
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Mulab 9.21
I'm starting new serie of clap test. New release is much better but still some crash with FX clap . Careful make copy of project before testing some crash are distroying the project. Made test with Reaper before using in Mulab. All clap plugin i'm using are free and some have little problems themself. Be care full using clap 64bit and not clap 32bit both exist sometime. Have made update of all clap yesterday . Full Bucket has lot of updates.

Not all tested : update tonight

Synth:
Surge xt ok
Tal NoiseMaker ok
Apricot ok
Fluctus ok
Regency ok
Vital ok
Osiris ok
Vavra ok
Full Bucket synths:
All clap synths ok

FX:
Tal Reverb 4 ok
Tal Phaser ok
Tal Filter 2 ok
Surge XT Fx ok (can be use with other synth)
FB delay OK
FB phaser crash
Freqshifter crash
Grainstain OK
BratwurstFuzz crash
DragonVerb UI bug use mulab UI crash, wait for new without bug in reaper

Some clap can't be move
Basic location : C:/program file/common/clap
Odin2 crash
Chowkick (kick synth) OK
BYOD (chow mono stereo tool) ok
ChowMultitool (fx collection) ok
ChowTapeModel (tape delay) ok
Filterjam filter distortion nice ok
Roughrider3 crash

Logfile of all crash . Odin2 crash log file closed before writing data.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Braserox on Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Braserox wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:58 pmNot all tested : update tonight
Just as a reminder to anyone finding MuLab 9.2 alpha crashing - please:
1. Exit any instances of MuLab
2. Start a fresh instance of MuLab with a minimal set up, just enough to demonstrate the crash - write down what set up is needed
3. Reproduce the crash, writing down the details of the steps needed to trigger the crash
4. Most importantly, capture the crash log and attach it to the crash report

Braserox wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:58 pm Mulab 9.21
I'm starting new serie of clap test. New release is much better but still some crash with FX clap .
FB phaser crash
Thx for reporting this!
This bug will be fixed in the next M9.2.2 update, and most probably this will also fixes some other Clap fx plugin crashes.

Is there a vst3 to clap wrapper somewhere?

Not yet, afaik. Would be an awesome utility!

heks wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:28 am Is there a vst3 to clap wrapper somewhere?
That's what I'm waiting for! There are some great fx that are VST3 only that I really want to try!

sl23 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:08 pm
heks wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:28 am Is there a vst3 to clap wrapper somewhere?
That's what I'm waiting for! There are some great fx that are VST3 only that I really want to try!
For me is Reason Rack :pray:
MuLab of course :D

MuLab App 9.2.3 for Windows 64 bit is available in https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • Important bug fix in reloading CLAP plugin data.
  • Fixed a bug when opening CLAP plugin editors. (this fixes Paul's Stretch crash, etc...)
  • Fixed a bug wrt CLAP plugins that don't have any audio/event inputs/outputs.
  • Support for CLAP plugins that need transport info. (tempo synced effects, sequencers, ...)
  • When loading VST2 / CLAP plugin data and the plugin causes an error, MuLab now tries to continue to load the rest of the project / preset, instead of aborting the load.
  • Important MuLab for Windows stability improvement: Increased MuLab's stack size.

sl23 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:08 pm There are some great fx that are VST3 only that I really want to try!
liquidsound wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:27 pm For me is Reason Rack :pray:
Ask those developers to also make them available as CLAP plugins !!
Push CLAP !!

Hi Jo,
thank's for CLAP ... clap my hands ;-)
Only download-link is wrong as it still says ...2-2-win64...
I changed manually to 2-3 and then it worked!
Cheers!

Pls try refreshing your browser cache. Cheers!

Good job. Last 9.2.3 working much better . Some clap have issues but have to test further . Dragonfly early reflection has freezing problem. And Roughrider3 not loading not displaying.
Odin2 seams ok now. Maybe problem in clap too. Gonna try mixing mux, vst and clap in next step.

Just little question is the a discord channel for Mulab or any kind of collaborative wiki for mulab ?
Would be nice having bigger community ? Not everybody is english nativ to explain problems and solutions.

mutools wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:38 pm
sl23 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:08 pm There are some great fx that are VST3 only that I really want to try!
Push CLAP !!
I have no idea if the Reason app could be enough or every single internal device needs to be ported, and, when it comes to the third party RE… God help us if that’s the bottleneck! :cry:
MuLab of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:28 pm
mutools wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:38 pm
Push CLAP !!
I have no idea if the Reason app could be enough or every single internal device needs to be ported, and, when it comes to the third party RE… God help us if that’s the bottleneck! :cry:
If you're using Reason to use the built-in synths and REs, just Reason itself needs to be made CLAP-compatible. If you are using it as a plugin host, there are far better, thinner hosts available.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “MUTOOLS”