TONEX 1.5 has been released

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m expecting him to do his job. His job is to be a rep between the users and the company. I don’t need tech support. It’s very bad public relations for a company to needlessly put the burden of fixing their bugs on the customers. Especially since their rep was explicitly made aware of the bugs.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:22 pm I’m expecting him to do his job. His job is to be a rep between the users and the company. I don’t need tech support. It’s very bad public relations for a company to needlessly put the burden of fixing their bugs on the customers. Especially since their rep was explicitly made aware of the bugs.
Jamcat, I say this honestly: you're being completely unreasonable. Peter is not the support person (I get Jason, there may be others). And you're the only person on the entire internet talking about this bug. It's pretty specific to 1) your unique workflow, then 2) the combination of a) DAW, b) VST plugin format, and c) probably some other stuff. Do you really expect Peter to relay your bug report and all the steps to reproduce correctly without f*c*ing that up? Like the game of telephone? What if the actual support person or developer has follow up questions? Questions like, "hey, which specific version of Studio One is that Jamcat guy running? I can't reproduce it on this version. Mac or Win?" What are they supposed to do? Have Peter hunt you down on KVR to ask you? That's simply ridiculous.

If you're not going to report the bug to IK in order to get it fixed, then fine. You can do what you want. But then at least spare the rest of us from the complaining about the bug that hasn't been fixed that you didn't care enough about to report yourself. You've spent more time engaging on KVR with Peter than if you had just reported the issue to IK yourself.

And perhaps most importantly, the only person you're hurting is yourself. The likelihood of this actually being fixed drops dramatically if no end users report this. They'll prioritize bugs and feature requests that have been reported. That's why they have ticket numbers in the first place. Those tickets are getting worked on by the devs once out of the first wave of screening. No ticket, no fix it.

I just rolled back to a working version prior to 1.5. It just means I won’t be buying any more TONEX tone model packs.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:22 pm I’m expecting him to do his job. His job is to be a rep between the users and the company. I don’t need tech support.
As someone who has worked several of these roles in different companies, you're completely wrong.
Tech Support is exactly were users are expected to go with problems. Most company 'representatives' are not tied to technical support directly, and whilst they may try and help where possible, the onus is on the user to raise a ticket with the dedicated support contacts.

You may 'believe' differently, but that's your imagination unless you have some terms and conditions somewhere that state "If you have a problem, ask any of our staff and they'll deal with it". It may be that the 'social media' version of the world is "shout and scream and throw your toys out of the pram" but that's not how businesses work.

I have no affilliation with IK - I own some of their stuff, and they're not in my top list of companies, but Peter has always been very polite and diplomatic and often gone further than he likely needed to - that should not be exploited.

If there is a bug, whether you have found the cause or not, you should report it to technical support if you want it fixed. They may or may not have a workaround and/or escalate it to development - that's a whole other topic - but that is the only correct approach.

Return to “Guitars”