XILS Roland Vocoder VP-330 Plus - NEW SYNTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS V+

analoguesamples909 wrote:this guy made a pretty decent sounding emulation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaKtCDIuZ9k
I already tried to download that but it does not seem to be available at the moment.
Besides that it does not seem to contain an emulation of the Vocoder.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Numanoid wrote:[

When I think of Laurie Anderson I think of Synclavier, so my tip is something in the line of Fairlight CMI or that.
She was also a big vocoder user... I can't remember which though.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

maxxxter wrote:AFAIK, all popular vst vocoders have a built-in synth. I don't know of any decent vst vocoder that doesnt have a synth built in; TAL voco, Eiosis voco, Virsyn voco, Orange voco.... they all have it.

And if it's going to be a VP emu, it's going to have a string machine in it too.

basically, a non-issue.

I agree that the it should sound fantastic though, otherwise it'll just look pretentious.
The Eiosis synthesizer actually sounds pretty damn great on it's own.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
maxxxter wrote:AFAIK, all popular vst vocoders have a built-in synth. I don't know of any decent vst vocoder that doesnt have a synth built in; TAL voco, Eiosis voco, Virsyn voco, Orange voco.... they all have it.

And if it's going to be a VP emu, it's going to have a string machine in it too.

basically, a non-issue.

I agree that the it should sound fantastic though, otherwise it'll just look pretentious.
The Eiosis synthesizer actually sounds pretty damn great on it's own.
O'oh. This thread made me think, "Oh, I should get around to installing that on my new computer..."

Well "Eiosis" is gone and out of business... replaced by a company called Eiosis... No links to "legacy" products on their web site, but who posted some download links on their new Facebook page, "Please be advised that this may not work on your system and we cannot support it."

:dog:

Now, who'd be stupid enough to buy anything from this new company is beyond me, but while I was able to get Eiosis Vocoder installed and working in Windows 8/Live 9, it's only a matter of time. Perhaps I am in the market for a good analog sounding vocoder... (BTW, I love Vocodex but it doesn't have that vintage vibe Eiosis Vocoder has)
Zerocrossing Media

Ingonator wrote:
analoguesamples909 wrote:this guy made a pretty decent sounding emulation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaKtCDIuZ9k
I already tried to download that but it does not seem to be available at the moment.
Besides that it does not seem to contain an emulation of the Vocoder.

Ingo
Something I don't get. I visited his site, and saw that hecreated an emulation of the Vocoder Plus, but in this movie he is playing a Kawai K5000S. I guess he is using it as a keyboard controller, right? For a moment, I thought that he created a bunch of patches for the K5000 :shock:
Fernando (FMR)

breakmixer wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
olikana wrote:.... so this vocoder might be just be in it's infancy stage....or not even that.
Whatever this instrument is, its in its final stage, and is fully functionnal and making some pleasant sounds on my system.

MusikMesse , probably not. Soon, yes.
I hate these teasers and build ups - can you just release it now so I can try the demo, thanks! :D
No intentional teaser here indeed. I did not initiated this thread. its a quote from our newsletter, wich aim is to communicate with our users.

Actually I would have even preferred that such a thread would have begun in 2/3 weeks, as our present concern is the imminent release of Oxium v1.5. But well as its there, I try to give the infos I'm allowed to share atm.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:...I would have even preferred that such a thread would have begun in 2/3 weeks, as our present concern is the imminent release of Oxium v1.5. But well as its there, I try to give the infos I'm allowed to share atm.
I was only kidding Laurent - Curious why I do not get newsletters as I still have 2 x Xils products, PolyKB II player(want to get full version again at some point) and Oxium, do you have to sign up for that?

hi laurent, would you care to provide some more information on the oxium 1.5 update? will there also be a new skin? thanks in advance

breakmixer wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:...I would have even preferred that such a thread would have begun in 2/3 weeks, as our present concern is the imminent release of Oxium v1.5. But well as its there, I try to give the infos I'm allowed to share atm.
I was only kidding Laurent - Curious why I do not get newsletters as I still have 2 x Xils products, PolyKB II player(want to get full version again at some point) and Oxium, do you have to sign up for that?
Hmm its possible that you have to sign up, especially if you have at one time deactivated receiving the newsletter, or if you did not check it when your purchased the first Xils instrument.

LtZ

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Gosh wrote:hi laurent, would you care to provide some more information on the oxium 1.5 update? will there also be a new skin? thanks in advance

Hi Gosh,

Oxium 1.5 Update release is imminent :)

What it will bring is a lot of new features, ergonomy enhancements, GUI enhancements, more factory presets, and a few other things.

So a few examples :

Ergonomy Example : The ergonomy of the masks has been totally revamped, according to what we've done recently for our Delay Le Masque 1.5 version : You can now perform easily MultiSelection and MultiEdit of the masks, and the locators will gradually take a different color when you approach them so that you know exactly when they are ready to be grabbed, and do not risk to move the mask(s) Possible consequence : You can now adapt the masks to very complex grooves in as fast as two mouse clicks. This is great for very syncopated stuff, non exact ternary grooves, any shuffles etc.

GUI example : The two filters have been put in a comprehensive GUI area, Labels Filter, and Main Filter have been added, to clearly identify this part of the engine on the GUI. The second LFO is back in the same presentation than it two brothers ( it was inversed ) etc etc. A lot of details were improved, in order to make Oxium even more FAST and Intuitive than it was.

Features : New modulations targets and sources. Examples : The mixer levels, and all oscillator levels in the Mixers, can now be targeted. This opens the way to a lot of stuff, including sophisticated filters morphing, automation of mixers via the masks, or any sources, like velocity, KB span, etc etc. Its incredibly creative. With this you can quickly craft some organic and lifefull sequences for example.

Then to celebrate all this, a minigroupbuy will be launched, and one of its level is ........ a thrid skin ( Ivory or Cream ) for Oxium.

People engaging in the group buy will also get the chance the grab the Jupiter 8 Oxium soundbank, full of classic analog presets, for free. But not only that : If this particular step of the group buy is achieved EVERY OWNER of Oxium, present or past version, will get the Jupiter 8 soundbank :) So that we hope that everyone, even those who have already Oxium, will actively support this minigroup buy, as everyone will win some things in it :)

Well, in short that's Oxium V 1.5 :)

I'm glad to hear about the GB and will hopefully be able to jump on it! I wasn't able to take advantage of the special promotions earlier. At the time I was demo-ing several different options and out of all of them Oxium seemed to be the most fun to work with and was the most cpu friendly of the bunch. Unfortunately, my pocket book had other ideas so I had to take a pass.

As for the vocoder... that one is exciting as well and I'm looking forward to it. I was watching some Kitaro videos yesterday and didn't realize that one of his signature sounds is actually done with a vocoder. Though it doesn't necessarily sound like what I usually associate with 'standard' vocoder type sounds. So... suddenly I want a decent one as well... because I realize what can be done with one! :)
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Hey Laurent ,

Will V.1.5 be compatible with V.1.0 presets ?

Has the XILS preset lag been addressed yet?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

brick wrote:Hey Laurent ,

Will V.1.5 be compatible with V.1.0 presets ?
Hi Simon,

fully compatible, but preset created with version 1.5 will only be loaded with version 1.5.

electro wrote:Has the XILS preset lag been addressed yet?
Hi Electro,

Do you refer to a certain time between presets when browing them ?

If this is the case, on my (pretty ancient Q9650) test machine, for Oxium its instantaneous.

only the Xils3 have exhibit a certain delay iirc, but as its a full modular synth there's a lot to recall sometimes between two different presets.( almost as changing the synth itself) This said even this bahviour has been patiently bettered over time. To get even better results the risks would be some clicks and pops on user systems. But with time passing, more patience, and better average cpus for everybody this will also get better.

I think the best is to try the Oxium demo and see if it works for you, and if you get problems please report on the Xils forum. Or directly to me if you prefer.

Return to “Instruments”