Famous songs/albums that were made with X synth(s)?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Doug1978 wrote:
e@rs wrote:Underworld - Dubnobass... / Second Toughest... : OSCar, ARP2600, Yamaha DX7.
Indeed.
Additionally I'll copy from one of Jon Hodgson's posts at Gearslutz:

Other stuff started to get used in subsequent for bass from Nord (King Of Snake & Jumbo) to Waldorf Pulse (Juanita), and Voyager (Mo Move) although the DX is still used for things like Kittens.

Dubnobass was done on a tiny budget but due to its success there was more gear introduced on subsequent albums.

Rick still uses the DX and is a bit of a master on it apparantly. On Dubnobass it's what's used for the jewsharp sound on Cowgirl. On Secondtoughest you'll hear it used for chords on Confusion The Waitress and Stagger. On Beaucoup Fish you'll hear it play the three note line on Jumbo.

The Nord started to creep in for Secoundtoughest. Aside from various bass duties, you can hear it really clearly on the Pearls Girl intro.
Very cool find, man! Underworld is one of my favorite bands ever.

Rick loves the impOSCar, that I knew. It's nice to see that Jon loves UWR and shared all that info.

NIN - Only : NI Absynth for the drone.
NIN - The Hand That Feeds : ARP Odyssey.

Stop press, who would have thought it eh?: On Stock, Aitken and Waterman productions "a [Yamaha] DX7 was used for virtually all of the bass lines" :o

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb09/a ... s_0209.htm

Not 100% sure on this one, but judging by the official video and also by their performance on TOTP (plus confirmation on each synth page on vintagesynth):

Depeche Mode - I Feel Loved : Alesis Andromeda for the 'dirty' lead and Korg MS2000 for the bass.

e@rs wrote:NIN - Only : NI Absynth for the drone.
NIN - The Hand That Feeds : ARP Odyssey.
NIN - Swarmatron in Copy of A

Stylophone song book record by Rolf Harris featuring a Stylophone. :hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

IncarnateX wrote:
fmr wrote:OH, and BTW, the name is Jean Michel (not Michelle)
:clown: Edited.
That made me laugh. :D

The album notes of Gary Numan's Telekon listed the synths used on each song - which was a great innovation at the time. I remember being just out of high school and thinking: "I can't afford any of them". Wikipedia list synths on the album as: Minimoog, Polymoog, ARP Pro Soloist, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-5, Yamaha CP-30, Roland CR-78, Synare.

Richard deHove wrote:The album notes of Gary Numan's Telekon listed the synths used on each song - which was a great innovation at the time. I remember being just out of high school and thinking: "I can't afford any of them". Wikipedia list synths on the album as: Minimoog, Polymoog, ARP Pro Soloist, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-5, Yamaha CP-30, Roland CR-78, Synare.
What was the first synth you bought once you could afford one?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”