Eventide Newfangled Audio Elevate (mastering bundle)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elevate Mastering Bundle

I have just tested Elevate and it obviously has no oversampling. Elevate adds some aliasing artefacts to the low end 0 - 60 hz.
A mastering tool without oversampling is a no go imo.

DCrown wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:31 pm I have just tested Elevate and it obviously has no oversampling. Elevate adds some aliasing artefacts to the low end 0 - 60 hz.
I'll quote the dev :
Elevate does oversample internally. Oversampling will help avoid aliasing, but there are other aliasing suppression methods as well.

Because of sampling theory the filter shapes won't perfectly match the triangular shapes (or other shapes) that you draw. In FIR filters you get something called side-lobes in the stop band, and there's usually a trade-off between the length of the filter and the rejection in the stop band. In order to make this filter bank have perfect reconstruction (which we absolutely want) this highest filter ends up with side-lobes that are higher than some of the other filters, but it's actually not a problem at all. As you mentioned, the side-lobes quite low in level, and signal in this band is being treaded based on the signal in this band, so it's just making sure that the filter-bank processing has no unwanted effect on the sound.
More BPM please

I do not believe it has oversampling.
Nowhere oversampling is mentioned in the description. Just try mm1 weiss and you will see the difference, weiss does not add any artefacts. I wait for a reply from Newfangled Audio and since they have not replied yet I also send an email to Eventide. I will let you know what their answer is. If they do not answer, then thete is no oversampling pretty sure

TBH I trust more the Newfangled Guy than a new account, sorry to be that blunt.

DCrown wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:31 pm I have just tested Elevate and it obviously has no oversampling. Elevate adds some aliasing artefacts to the low end 0 - 60 hz.
What is your testing methodology.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Anyway what would be the goal and purpose behind such a lie and false claim from Eventide? Explain. Cause it doesn’t make much sense.

Oh some lies have been revealed already for instance Bx or PA Dirk saying all plugins have oversampling . Well, you better watch Dan Worrall's new video about bx amek 9099 haha Many people would not even notice if they bought the exact same plugin and if only the gui would be different and I am pretty sure this is already a fact in the plugin world

https://youtu.be/Hpm-7GzoKOE

DCrown wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:56 pm Oh some lies have been revealed already for instance Bx or PA Dirk saying all plugins have oversampling . Well, you better watch Dan Worrall's new video about bx amek 9099 haha Many people would not even notice if they bought the exact same plugin and if only the gui would be different and I am pretty sure this is already a fact in the plugin world

Where is the connection to Newfangled Audio?
Hell, what a poor attack... :dog:

Hi Guys,

I received your query about oversampling in Elevate last night at midnight my time, and you posted the above comment at 7:30AM my time. I'm happy to help you understand any artifacts you're seeing in Elevate's output, but I think the support channel will be the best place to handle those questions. Please do allow 24 hours for a response as I have to work on products and live the rest of my life as well.

Regarding oversampling, yes, Elevate does use oversampling where appropriate, and it doesn't use it where it's not needed. There are actually several types of oversampling in Elevate, but honestly, oversampling isn't a silver bullet it's just a tool for reducing a certain kind of artifact in some scenarios.

All limiters will produce artifacts, you can't add gain without increasing peak level without, in some way, changing the audio. The most audible artifacts from limiters are distortion, pumping and breathing, or, in the case of multiband limiters, tonal shift. Elevate's proposal is that we can use auditory science to hide those artifacts where you can't hear them. Lot's of people like how it works, but you're definitely not obligated to agree. However, if you're concerned about what you're seeing at the output, please do ask and I'll help you understand what's going on and, if possible, how to fix it.

Thanks,
Dan
Last edited by DGillespie on Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

I write directly with Eventide. There are too clever Kvr people here, so clever that it hurts:)

And yes, when Acustica Audio for example releases a new plugin emulation of a famous bla bla bla console, I do not believe them. It's just another new gui more or less. You have the right to believe whatever you want, of course

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:43 pm
DCrown wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:56 pm Oh some lies have been revealed already for instance Bx or PA Dirk saying all plugins have oversampling . Well, you better watch Dan Worrall's new video about bx amek 9099 haha Many people would not even notice if they bought the exact same plugin and if only the gui would be different and I am pretty sure this is already a fact in the plugin world

Where is the connection to Newfangled Audio?
Hell, what a poor attack... :dog:
The connection is that both are devs, Plugin Alliance is a dev and Eventide is a dev! Is it so hart do understand? What a poor comprehension😭
And to call an issue an attack is simply, well, no words. Devs like being notified about issues, this way they can improve their plugins.

DCrown wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:01 pm The connection is that both are devs, Plugin Alliance is a dev and Eventide is a dev! Is it so hart do understand? What a poor comprehension😭
i see...

are you a doctor?

Oh my god, you seem all to be old farts swooping down on a kvr newbie like vultures. Keep on having fun in your club, but without me:) so you have to find some new victim haha

Btw I have sent audio file and all information to Eventide to analyze the issue. But I won't let you know the result!

Return to “Effects”