Arturia Collection Speculation thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Personally, I'd prefer if they went back and updated all their older synths to use ZDF filters, better oscillator models etc. rather than keep adding new synths. Contrary to popular opinion, I actually think all their synths sound great when you actually put them in the mix, but for those who like to listen to raw oscillators and filter resonances at extreme settings (or those who make music for bats), an update would be welcome.

It feels like pretty much every vintage synth and keyboard has already been emulated several times over at this point. Most of the suggestions seem to be for extremely rare synths that were never very popular to begin with.

They do sound great. Even though most of them are not 1:1 emulations, Arturia has done a great job with GUI and extra features. I didn't buy the V-Collection to specifically get the 1:1 emulations, but rather the look and feel, of the of the instruments. They do sound similar to the originals, and in a mix, who is actually able to tell the difference? How many people are using a single, dry, instance of any instrument in a production? I'm satisfied as long as they sound great, because that I think they do. I will keep upgrading as long as new instruments added. This is what I like about Arturia and Rob Papen, there are always new stuff added. Even Native Instruments, even though I would like more non-Reaktor instruments, I never use their effects (besides Replica XT, and possibly Supercharger GT).
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I would also like to see the overall voicings improved. Each time Modartt does that, it makes me love it even more.

I guess many of us thought of Mellotron, and I even considered the CZ myself, but thought it was not in keeping with 'unobtainable' by price psychology.

Really enjoyed some of the other suggestions and supporting videos. Watched the entire Novachord video this morning. :love:
(Then sprawled off into several ondes videos.) :oops:

Anyway, it seems time to lock this thread and let it fade away now.

Thanks for all the contributions!

Return to “Instruments”