Any good news about Aspect?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know, I'm sorry that I've been sidetracked with other stuff over the past few weeks. I will nudge Aspect up my priority list for the next week or two: hopefully, with that uninterrupted time, I'll be in a position when I can get it to beta testers.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

So beta testers are happily testing already? ;)

Unfortunately not: I haven't had a chance to look at Aspect at all for the past couple of weeks as I've been caught up with a few other projects and lots of support. But I appreciate the reminder that you're still waiting, and so I've carved out time today to get a good grip of the remaining Aspect changes. Where does the time go?!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:32 am Where does the time go?!
I had high hopes that you could tell me... :wink:
If you don't mind our humble nudging I might consider tweaking it by the help of the frequency knob...

hey

Just realized there was this thread about Aspect, and wondered how things might have proceeded meanwhile... ?!

Same. It crashes every time on big sur and I miss it greatly.

I'm making slow but steady progress on it - committing to a couple of hours Aspect dev a day - but between juggling Aspect and updates to the other products, it's been a slow process. For what it's worth, it's closer than it was before!

Another month has gone by...
What about a small update on progress of Aspect, Colin ? :wink:

I believe it's feature complete now, so I am confident saying that it has 100% backwards compatibility with version 1 presets, including automation. The new UI is apporaching completion, so I'm hoping that I'll have some screenshots shortly, and at around the same time I can begin letting any beta-testers have access to the new build.

colin@loomer wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:32 am I believe it's feature complete now, so I am confident saying that it has 100% backwards compatibility with version 1 presets, including automation. The new UI is apporaching completion, so I'm hoping that I'll have some screenshots shortly, and at around the same time I can begin letting any beta-testers have access to the new build.
Sooo looking forward to this! My all time favourite soft synth ❤️❤️❤️
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

colin@loomer wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:32 am I believe it's feature complete now, so I am confident saying that it has 100% backwards compatibility with version 1 presets, including automation. The new UI is apporaching completion, so I'm hoping that I'll have some screenshots shortly, and at around the same time I can begin letting any beta-testers have access to the new build.
Cool! Could you give us some spoilers of what to expect? I presume it'll look somewhat like String knob/UI-wise?

Overall, same layout - i.e, all on one screen without tabs - as before, but entirely vector based so it looks crisp at 4K resolutions. Knobs are similar(ish) to the String update, but a bit "tidier" looking, I feel. Modulation can now be done entirely with drag and drag: each section, such as Oscillator, LFO, Envelope, has positive and negative output nodes that can be dragged directly onto modulation destinations. You can also change the modulation depth and source without needing to flick between the individual modulation targets. The overall result is that building and following complex modulations is an absolute breeze.

Now time goes by and I am curious to hear what our beloved Aspect is making in terms of progress or a something to beta test:)

Not quite there yet, but closer!

Return to “Loomer”