IK goes AI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 TONEX MAX TONEX SE TONEX Standard

I just hope IK doesn't introduce some kind of subscription service for their "Tone Models" like AmpHub. :scared:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

This sounds really good.
Please make it so users can create libs they can share with others to load.
I want to buy libs as good as Amplitube's created by independent artists!

I just moved a ton of posts to a thread where they belong: viewtopic.php?t=524970

If you want to discuss MODO Guitar, etc. go there, please. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Seen it on GS...
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

IK coming out with AI Machine Modeling kinda feels like IK is saying, "OK, we give up trying to model amps. Here you go, go do it yourself." :hihi:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 pm https://youtu.be/gG3BpuzmDyM
The sounds in the first half of that video are stellar.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 pm https://youtu.be/gG3BpuzmDyM
That's a much better comparison than the previous video. I sometimes wonder if there's still a bit of a lack of weight, but to be honest it's now close enough that I might be imagining it. Great stuff.

I don't suppose you can reveal what went wrong with the LF in the previous video Peter? Just curious.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

You can Pre Order the AI beast now, Amplitube TONEX

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tonex/#top
Say NO to CLAP!

The official announcement which should answer some questions and link to where other questions should be covered, plus you'll see some nice gear in these and other shots and in the Tone Model list:

A complete ecosystem for creating and sharing Tone Models with IK’s new AI Machine Modeling™

IK Multimedia announces AmpliTube TONEX™, a complete software ecosystem based on the powerful new AI Machine Modeling™ technology that lets users model their own rig and play, practice and record with thousands of already available ultra-realistic Tone Models of amps and pedals.

Dumble Tone Models included in TONEX MAX

AmpliTube TONEX ecosystem consists of 4 products:

TONEX for Mac/PC

A revolutionary concept in rig modeling, and the core of the TONEX ecosystem, TONEX for Mac/PC uses breakthrough AI Machine Modeling technology to let users model the sound of any amp, cabinet, combo or pedal (like fuzz, distortion, overdrive, EQ, booster) and turn it into a plug-in, all with ease and a sonic accuracy that’s virtually indistinguishable from the real thing.

Users not only can share their user-generated Tone Models with the TONEX community, but they can also instantly play the more than 1,000 Premium Tone Models available in TONEX, painstakingly made by IK using its massive collection of the most sought-after amps and pedals in the world.

TONEX for Mac/PC works as a stand-alone and plug-in for all the major DAWs plus it’s available seamlessly inside AmpliTube 5 with Tone Models appearing just like regular AmpliTube gear. TONEX has two main sections: the Machine Modeler, where the AI Machine Modeling Tone Models are captured and generated, and the Player, where the Tone Models can be searched, browsed, played and their sound customized.

The Player’s extensive sound-editing section comes with full EQ, noise-gate, pre and post compressor, depth and presence controls, plus a high-quality reverb and VIR™, IK’s Volumetric Impulse Response technology with multi-IRs per cabinet. Thanks to AI Machine Modeling, amps and cabinets captured as Tone Models can also be separated so users can experiment with their own IRs or use IK's VIR™ technology to access hundreds of ultra-authentic virtual cabs and IRs to complete their tone. All of this customization can then be saved into a Tone Model preset.

Consistent with all major software from IK, TONEX for Mac/PC will be available in 3 versions with the same exact features, but a different number of Premium Tone Models included: TONEX SE (200 Tone Models), TONEX (400 Tone Models), TONEX MAX (1,000 Tone Models). A free version will also be available for everyone to experience the power of AI Machine Modeling for creating Tone Models.

TONEX App

TONEX for iPhone and iPad lets users experience the power of AI Machine Modeling Tone Models on their mobile device. It’s available both as a stand-alone app or as an AU plug-in for all the major mobile DAWs and includes the same exact Player section as TONEX Mac/PC software to play, practice and record anywhere using the most authentic and hyper-realistic gear models ever made. The TONEX App and Mac/PC software Tone Model library works in sync, so any user’s collection of Tone Models can be played seamlessly on any device, in the studio, at home or on the go.

TONEX in ToneNET

TONEX Tone Models will also be available in a new dedicated section of ToneNET (www.tone.net), IK’s online tone-sharing and social platform for browsing, demoing, downloading and sharing. Over 1,000 TONEX Premium Tone Models will be available in ToneNET for instant demo or download right inside TONEX software or app, depending on the version owned. Plus, new Tone Models from IK - and free user models from the TONEX community - will be continuously posted and available in real-time, for a limitless growing repository of the best tones.

TONEX standalone, plug-in and app, connect instantly to ToneNET from directly inside the software or app, allowing users to explore the latest Tone Models without breaking their creative workflow. Or, TONEX Tone Models can be experienced in ToneNET using a regular online browser and selected for subsequent download on the computer software or mobile device app.

TONEX Capture

Tone Models can be created in TONEX using a modern computer, a regular audio interface and minimal additional equipment. An interface such as AXE I/O is ideal for tone modeling with its dedicated Amp Out.

To make it easy for anyone to create Tone Models, IK’s new all-in-one TONEX Capture is an accessory that connects to the output of an audio interface to feed into an amp at just the right level. Then, the return stage sits passively between an amp and cab, sending a perfect copy back to the interface at a safe volume without affecting the amp/cab interaction.

The result is a pristine copy of the amp’s real tone, ready for TONEX modeling without the need for microphones and perfect room acoustics. Plus, TONEX Capture doubles also as a great reamplification device.

Pricing and Availability

TONEX for Mac/PC and TONEX Capture will be shipping in September and are available for pre-order now at a special introductory price from the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide. TONEX App will be released at the same time in the Apple Store.

TONEX SE - $/€99.99* limited-time introductory price ($/€149.99 regular) - 200 Tone Models

TONEX - $/€149.99 limited-time introductory price ($/€249.99 regular) - 400 Tone Models

TONEX MAX - $/€249.99 limited-time introductory price ($/€399.99 regular) - 1000 Tone Models

AmpliTube 5 MAX users will receive a further $/€50 discount coupon on TONEX MAX.

TONEX Capture - $/€199.99 limited-time introductory price, ($/€249.99 regular) - Includes TONEX SE with 200 Tone Models

*All pricing excluding taxes.

Oh, so ToneX is not part of Amplitube, it's a separate product?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

So the CAPTURE software is completely separate, the second most expensive, and only includes the SE version of the base-product? Who at IK thinks this idiocy up? If the CAPTURE software was included in the TONEX (non-SE) package and up, it would be a no brainer. But IK are out of their fugging mind if they think I'd spend $150 on the TONEX package (which seems most attractive) then spend an additional $200 on the TONEX Capture product. Or buy the TONEX Max then add in the cost of CAPTURE. And I'm sure there will be no way to upgrade between the versions (but I'm sure there will be a custom shop to buy models). How many people are going to own enough rigs/gear and be willing to go through the process to make paying for CAPTURE worth it? Not including it is just going to limit the attractiveness of this entire package and is a big, big mistake IMO. Please just include CAPTURE in the non-SE packages.

Otherwise, seems very interesting. :lol:

Doesn't the Tonex Capture include hardware though?

oh got ya, you are wondering why the software aspects of tonex capture is not included in all but the SE.
yeah indeed, especially since sharing profiles may be a huge selling point of these units for IK. Apparently they want you to pay extra to be able to help them :)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:27 pm Doesn't the Tonex Capture include hardware though?

oh got ya, you are wondering why the software aspects of tonex capture is not included in all but the SE.
yeah indeed, especially since sharing profiles may be a huge selling point of these units for IK. Apparently they want you to pay extra to be able to help them :)
rsp
I hope I'm just wrong and the Capture really just is the hardware box with SE, and the "capturing" functionality is included in the software versions. I've got perfectly good reamp boxes already and don't need a standalone box to facilitate the capture process.

So hopefully Peter jumps in and tells me I'm an idiot and was totally wrong. Which would be great. Then I'd sign right up for a pre-order. :hug:

Capture is separate hardware that is made for capturing but is not required. You can use what you have from what I can see since you have good reamp boxes (we used AXE I/O for our captures that you see in the various videos for example).

I would never call you an idiot, I'll just say you were using your "jump to conclusions mat" (haven't referenced that movie in a lonnnnng time) a little but hey that happens to everybody.

Return to “Effects”