BFD 3 is AWESOME!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BFD 3 is AWESOME!
Last edited by Smasha on Sun May 26, 2024 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Works fine here. Try reading the manual.

BFD 3 is AWESOME!
Last edited by Smasha on Sun May 26, 2024 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Good to hear. I like BFD a lot, despite all the inconvenience, the quality of the drum sampling is top notch.

I got this working beautifully now.
I use a kp90 kick pad,xp 80 snare pad and a kat kt 4 pad as a floor tom, hh65 hi hat pedal attached to a Yamaha multi 12 and it sounds like I have recorded in an expensive studio.

My e kit setup is connected wirelessly to my PC via a CME Pro Buddy Pro usb receiver and Widi Jack which connects to the Yamaha.

No latency and in Cubase the buffer is 256 but I can get it down much lower than that without issues.

I could put up a drum solo if you like or some beats?

Took me a long while to get the actual Yamaha to play dynamically or not double trigger with the kp90 but now it works great even with 16ths at 200bpm on the kick drum.

Love it!

And sorry to BFD 3 for my rants.

Once I worked out how the key mapper works,which is really good,I had no issues.

I use a 4 tom set up on the Yamaha and assign one pad to ride but assign bell to a different midi note at a higher velocity.

I have one of the pads just play a washy hat sound so I can play rockier stuff and assign that to 1/4 closed or shank? I think lol

Then the closed open stuff and pedal hats on two other pads combined with the hh65.
Two crashes on seperate pads.

No FX cymbals but this is what I normally play on my normal kit.

The kat kt4 pad which I found on ebay is just used as a floor tom so I can play this small kit similar to a real kit and play those quad triplet type fills or tribal unison stuff like Silver f**k by Jimmy Chamberlin.

The kt 4 gives me 5 toms in total combined with the Yamaha.

So I have a big kit that is very playable on a very small footprint that is 5 metres away from the PC and records fantastic thanks to CME PROs awesome bluetooth widi devices.

I highly recommended the bud pro widi usb receiver for the best latency that plugs into your PC.

Smasha wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:50 am Got it working.
My eyesight ain't the best but I was getting confused with C1 and C--1.
Also my edrum pad was triggering two notes so I had to go and fix that.
Yamaha Multi 12.
But now got everything working fine.
Sorry BFD but I am very anxious and just lose the plot easy.

I finally GOT the key mapper in BFD 3.

Wasn't as daunting as I thought.

So I went on a knuckle head rant,sorry all.
Don't you think you should properly change the title?

Telling people not to buy something... because you couldn't get it to work immediately... That's the worst kind of FUD and misinformation.

_leras wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:48 pm
Smasha wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:50 am Got it working.
My eyesight ain't the best but I was getting confused with C1 and C--1.
Also my edrum pad was triggering two notes so I had to go and fix that.
Yamaha Multi 12.
But now got everything working fine.
Sorry BFD but I am very anxious and just lose the plot easy.

I finally GOT the key mapper in BFD 3.

Wasn't as daunting as I thought.

So I went on a knuckle head rant,sorry all.
Don't you think you should properly change the title?

Telling people not to buy something... because you couldn't get it to work immediately... That's the worst kind of FUD and misinformation.
DONE.

Smasha wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:54 am DONE.
:hihi:

:tu:

Well done for owning it!

Return to “Instruments”