Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

Anyone has issue with the macro parameters curve?
I'm facing strange behaviours. Every time I set a curve for a parameter it seems that the setting gets lost when closing the windows. So when I open the macro parameters again, the curve is different.

<post deleted>
Last edited by getdunne on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

effebal wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:02 pm Anyone has issue with the macro parameters curve?
I'm facing strange behaviours. Every time I set a curve for a parameter it seems that the setting gets lost when closing the windows. So when I open the macro parameters again, the curve is different.
This was fixed in the most recent v1.0.12 update.

Thanks form that info. I need to update!

Today we're going to be discussing ABU.

A - Always
B - Be
U - Updating

Always Be Updating!

End of meeting.

(coffee is for composers!)

I last updated to version 1.0.05; anything special I should do to go directly to 1.0.12? TIA!

David wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:03 pm I last updated to version 1.0.05; anything special I should do to go directly to 1.0.12? TIA!
If you're on Windows, just run the 1.0.12 installer.

On Mac, run the 1.0.6 installer, then the 1.0.12 updater.

On either platform, you'll need to update the Unify content. If you're as far back as 1.0.5, you should download the full Unify Factory Content.guru file, and either drag/drop it into the Unify GUI, or if you can't drag/drop, go to Settings and click the "Choose .guru file..." button.

(The "Choose .guru file..." button was added at v1.0.7, so if you have 1.0.5 and can't drag/drop, please email UnifySupport@PlugInGuru.com for more detailed instructions.)

Are there any mono synths that you guys recommend to try with Unify (for the new poly function)? I think the only one I have is Dagger but will have to double-check the plugin folder again. Most have mono and poly modes built in these days. I never did get Monark (maybe I will when it goes on sale at some point) and that would be a fun one to try with this.

Examigan wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:06 am Are there any mono synths that you guys recommend to try with Unify (for the new poly function)? I think the only one I have is Dagger but will have to double-check the plugin folder again. Most have mono and poly modes built in these days. I never did get Monark (maybe I will when it goes on sale at some point) and that would be a fun one to try with this.
John referred to VK-1 Viking Synthesizer (https://blamsoft.com/rack-extensions/vk ... nthesizer/) in a recent video demonstrating the poly function. I've not tried it myself yet.

Examigan wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:06 am Are there any mono synths that you guys recommend to try with Unify (for the new poly function)? I think the only one I have is Dagger but will have to double-check the plugin folder again. Most have mono and poly modes built in these days. I never did get Monark (maybe I will when it goes on sale at some point) and that would be a fun one to try with this.
Viking vk1 is nice.
Reaktor racks are nice too.

Small feature request: Could you please add some kind of keyboard midi functionality into the standalone version of Unify? Most of the time I want to try out stuff without having to connect my midi keyboard. Maybe switching on/off by using the capslock key would be an option?

C-quence wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:01 am Small feature request: Could you please add some kind of keyboard midi functionality into the standalone version of Unify? Most of the time I want to try out stuff without having to connect my midi keyboard. Maybe switching on/off by using the capslock key would be an option?
It is already there.
You need to click on the bottom left midi icon for showing the keyboard.

SciFiArtMan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:42 pm Today we're going to be discussing ABU.

A - Always
B - Be
U - Updating

Always Be Updating!

End of meeting.

(coffee is for composers!)
Interesting, this ABU concept.
Anyway, I would appreciate if Unify could notify when a new update is available.
It could be a good feature to be implemented.

effebal wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:20 am
C-quence wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:01 am Small feature request: Could you please add some kind of keyboard midi functionality into the standalone version of Unify? Most of the time I want to try out stuff without having to connect my midi keyboard. Maybe switching on/off by using the capslock key would be an option?
It is already there.
You need to click on the bottom left midi icon for showing the keyboard.
I probably didn't describe it carefully enough: I mean using the qwerty keyboard to input midi notes.

effebal wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:23 am Anyway, I would appreciate if Unify could notify when a new update is available.
YES! :tu:

Return to “Instruments”