Arturia V Collection 9 - Official Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Hello,

Well I could not pass on a upgrade from V6 to V9 for $99.

So, should I only download/install the new synths and the few that had paid upgrades?

Of should I download install everything?

Will I then have duplicates?

Also, will this effect projects that are using my synths from V Collection 6 (including that Analog Lab 5 from V Collection 6)

Sorry for (probably) dumb questions.

Jeff
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

Jeff_In_Maine wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:02 pm Do you think there is a condition that you must have owned pigments for more than a few seconds? (snip)
No idea, unfortunately. Perhaps reach out and ask them? Unless anybody else can chime in.

jeffn1 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:10 pm Hello,

So, should I only download/install the new synths and the few that had paid upgrades?

Also, will this effect projects that are using my synths from V Collection 6 (including that Analog Lab 5 from V Collection 6)

Jeff
For anything that are still the same plugin version (eg Modular, Mini V) you won't have duplicates and it's still worth running the updater as they have all benefitted from updates and improvements, even the older ones like Modular and Mini V

For those that have new versions (eg SEM to SEM 2, Jup 8 v3 to v4) you will have both versions but may want to keep the older Jup 8 as they have different patches (although I didn't)

hyperdeath666 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:58 pm
Jeff_In_Maine wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:35 pm
jamcat wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:25 pm Pigments doesn’t get you a V Collection discount. Only owning V Collection instruments does.
Okay thanks for that info. (snip)
This is incorrect. I only own Pigments and they've offered me a V Collection crossgrade discount (I can get it for $150).
This must be one of the best deals ever. Makes Cherry Audio look expensive.
Last edited by SHall1000 on Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am seriously struggling to resist it, even though between Bitwig and Reason Suite, I feel like there's nothing there I really need. But man... only $150?

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:19 pm
jeffn1 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:10 pm Hello,

Jeff
For anything that are still the same plugin version (eg Modular, Mini V) you won't have duplicates and it's still worth running the updater as they have all benefitted from updates and improvements, even the older ones like Modular and Mini V

For those that have new versions (eg SEM to SEM 2, Jup 8 v3 to v4) you will have both versions but may want to keep the older Jup 8 as they have different patches (although I didn't)
Just to add, per Arturia...

"Analog Lab V is a new software application, and not an upgrade of Analog Lab 4.

If you'd like to gain access to all the Analog Lab 4 presets through Analog Lab V, please simply make sure that both Analog Lab 4 and Analog Lab V are installed on your computer."

Thanks, telecharge, yep keep Analog Lab 4 with it's enormous number of presets.

On the presets thing, in Analog Lab V click the hamburger menu top left then check "include legacy sounds". I actually have a few thousand more in V.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:59 pm On the presets thing, in Analog Lab V click the hamburger menu top left then check "include legacy sounds". I actually have a few thousand more in V.
Thanks, I had no idea about that!

So if I have this right, anyone who doesn’t have any of the Arturia stuff could currently buy Pigments for 99, cross grade to V9 for 149 and then cross grade to FX3 for 49 (maybe 69j. That’s 60 great plugins for 300. Some of which you might actually use (see what I did there?).
That has to be a the best deal around,especially for newbies.
Last edited by SHall1000 on Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cool. my upgrade was 99 : )

Uh... The Arutria crossgrade deal is insane 150e! I'm definitely going to purchase the collection.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

jamcat wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:25 pm Pigments doesn’t get you a V Collection discount. Only owning V Collection instruments does.
Apparently, sometimes it does(directly see the crossgrade offer from My Acount page), and sometimes it does not (no crossgrade option), then sometimes you email Arturia support and ask for Pigment to V collection crossgrade, they will give you the crossgrade price for that...

Arturia crossgrade system is convoluted as hell.

So I was able to:
1) Buy Pigments from Sweetwater for $99
2) Crossgrade (because I had Pigments) to V Collection for $150 through Arturia
3) Crossgrade to similarly get FX collection for $50
All three for $300 - I'm surprised but glad this worked!

Return to “Instruments”