Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:20 am Sounds like a classic denormalisation problem here. It could be easily fixed with a couple of codelines. I suggest that you add this code to the project and check out if the CPU spikes disappear
Thanks for the recommendation, however, the DSP does not use floats at all, it uses fixed point registers and we use integers only in the emulation code. The only thing we use XMM registers for is as spill space for general purpose registers if there is a lot of register pressure.

The reason for "CPU spikes" (according to the DAW reported CPU usage) is that the DSP runs in a high priority background thread.

That is why the DAW reports CPU usage being relatively low as long as the DSP can keep up with the work, however, if the DSP can not and the processing thread reaches blocking state because it needs to wait for the DSP, DAW reports a CPU usage of 100%.

In the future, I'm going to make the DSP background thread optional, this will cost a bit of performance but will cause DAWs to report a more useful CPU usage.

Hey folks... just getting into using this fantastic emulator.

Am running the VST in Reaper....

I have the ROMs for B and C and the banks are showing up fine.

Am wondering - is it possible to load extra soundbanks, such as the ones available in MIDI or .lib format?

It supports midi/syx. Never tried lib.

AudioBabble wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:46 pm Hey folks... just getting into using this fantastic emulator.

Am running the VST in Reaper....

I have the ROMs for B and C and the banks are showing up fine.

Am wondering - is it possible to load extra soundbanks, such as the ones available in MIDI or .lib format?
Of course, just navigate to the folder you have your .mid files in using the left hand pane of the preset browser page :)

Not sure about .lib

I don't know what I am doing wrong , but in both multimodes , the plugin refuses to play the other multitimbral parts from channel 2-16
Only the first art remains active
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I don't know the internal specs of the Emulator, but:
1) VST3 doesn't offer proper Midi support. That's why you should use VST2, especially when you use a lot of channel-based Midi-stuff.
2) Some DAWs do not transmit Midi channels

I am using the vst2 version , trying to adress the other midi channels with no luck
My daw ( renoise ) is perfectly capable of adressing multitimbral parts , afaik I think almost every daw does nowadays
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:39 pm I am using the vst2 version , trying to adress the other midi channels with no luck
My daw ( renoise ) is perfectly capable of adressing multitimbral parts , afaik I think almost every daw does nowadays
I have messaged you in the BETA channel on Discord, we find it much easier to resolve bugs there due to having the full team present

Multiple team members use this login at different times it’s not always the same person 😜

If you ask your question again in there we can discuss trying to get it resolved and also ask other BETA testers to see if they can reproduce the bug themselves

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:28 pm 2) Some DAWs do not transmit Midi channels
looking at you, Ableton. :x

omg is it true that the devs sold out to Kemper and will not release a Virus TI version, just the "C" ? That would be a huge disappointment because the additional oscillator modes are very nice !

Dip200 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:08 pm omg is it true that the devs sold out to Kemper and will not release a Virus TI version, just the "C" ? That would be a huge disappointment because the additional oscillator modes are very nice !
Sold out? If they did this for the Virus TI, it would draw a lot of negative attention to the project and the sites that host ROMs, as well as potentially end-users. They're trying to protect the project by not allowing this to run on any products currently in production. For the good of everyone!

If you have a big problem with it, then it's an open source project right? Learn to code and build on what they did to make it run on the Virus TI.

Dip200 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:08 pm omg is it true that the devs sold out to Kemper and will not release a Virus TI version, just the "C" ?
Where did you read that?

It's listed as a synth which the devs will "look into" here: https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/faqs/

chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:25 pm
Dip200 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:08 pm omg is it true that the devs sold out to Kemper and will not release a Virus TI version, just the "C" ?
Where did you read that?
The developers outright said they're not going to support any synths currently in production.

No, I mean, where did he read that "the devs sold out to Kemper and will not release a Virus Ti version".

Apart from that, if you're pedantic, then the devs could only say that they won't be doing the Virus Ti2, not the Virus Ti, which is not in production anymore.

chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:29 pm No, I mean, where did he read that "the devs sold out to Kemper and will not release a Virus Ti version".

Apart from that, if you're pedantic, then that could only mean that they won't be doing the Virus Ti2, not the Virus Ti, which is not in production anymore.
I believe he's expressing an opinion upon hearing that production synths like the Virus TI would not be supported.

Return to “Instruments”