Arturia V Collection 9 - Official Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Thanks! So it is possible that V Collection 9 if with updated Analog Pro might have new synths from V 10 however with no option to edit them deeply. That would make me purchase version V 9 for sure in this case.

cjseriy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:45 am Thanks! So it is possible that V Collection 9 if with updated Analog Pro might have new synths from V 10 however with no option to edit them deeply.
Yes, but only for those three - Acid, Minifreak and the Mini V. About 50 presets each I think.

One little tip - there are actually two sets of macros for each preset in Analog Lab (at least in Pro), so you've got more control over the sound than you might first think. To open the hidden set, open the settings pane on the RHS, click the midi tab and then select Midi Controller to Keylab 25. You then get 8 knobs and 8 faders, each set to different (premapped) controls. On the first preset I picked at random there is

Brightness
Timbre
Time
Movement
Distortion Mix
Phaser Mix
Reverb Volume
Delay Volume
VCF Cutoff
VCF Resonance
VCF Env
VCF LFO
Attack
Decay
Sustain
Release

Pretty good for a humble preset.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

cjseriy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:45 am Thanks! So it is possible that V Collection 9 if with updated Analog Pro might have new synths from V 10 however with no option to edit them deeply. That would make me purchase version V 9 for sure in this case.
Yes, Analog Lab V/Pro does include factory presets for Acid, Wurli v3, and mini v4 but not the rest of the V collection 10 instruments. If there is a current or future preset pack that includes those instruments then I think you could purchase it, although I've just noticed that the Arturia website no longer lists which instruments are included for the most recent packs, so it's hard to now know if there are any that currently include minifreak or cp-70 or the other new augmented instruments. Still some might be released down the line, although it seems Pigments is the instrument that gets the most packs made for it.

@noiseboyuk Thanks for the tip! I actually plan to use it with generic (8 knobs + 8 faders) settings and native Instruments M32, so I will have more freedom to control parameters. It is great that V9 at least has Acid. However, it is way better if you are able to use its sequencer settings.

@pikey Why you say 10 instruments? There are only 6 new instruments based on official website. MiniFreak V, Acid V, CP-70 and 3 Augmented instruments.

Are the presets in shop are completely different to these in V collection? Do they overlap?

Return to “Instruments”