ToneBoosters E.Q.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v4

Aloysius wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Is this a part of the 'track essential' pakage ?
I believe 'track essentials' is @ v3. This is a v4 plug-in.
Ah. Thanks.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Minor EQ4 update just uploaded. Pick this up as v3 was my go to EQ. I miss the feq/note readout.

Anybody able to tell me what the 16 channel operation in v4 is about or have suggestions as how it might be useful?

Tonebooster plugins are just getting better and better!

Vortifex wrote:
Greenstorm33 wrote: In addition to this, fine adjustment of the knobs feels really choppy. If you move your mouse slowly it'll barely move, and then if you speed up the gain will jump 14 db. It's weird because fine adjustment when clicking on the nodes works exactly like I'd expect. It's also a little weird to have the modifier for fine adjustment be shift when dragging nodes but control when manipulating the knobs.
That happens with Barricade 4 as well and it really bugs me. I messaged Toneboosters about it and he said that fine adjustment is dependent on mouse speed, so it works just like you said. I think it's way over-calibrated, it needs to be adjusted so that fine control is smoother and more consistent. If I want to adjust a parameter by a small amount on Barricade 4 I just type it in because moving the dial is too annoying. Probably my biggest criticism of his plugins.
Man, that sucks. I didn't realize this was an issue with all the v4 plugins. I just double-checked the fine adjustment behavior in my most-used v3 plugin (Bus Compressor) and it works perfectly. Jeoren if you happen to read this, please consider restoring the v3 behavior or recalibrating the v4 behavior...as it stands the new behavior is borderline unusable.

MRT wrote:Minor EQ4 update just uploaded. Pick this up as v3 was my go to EQ. I miss the feq/note readout.

Anybody able to tell me what the 16 channel operation in v4 is about or have suggestions as how it might be useful?
This means Ambisonics and Surround support ... for me this is very useful!

I have no probs with the fine adjustments by mousewheel. If I move it faster the steps are greater.
For barricade it’s very important to have this feature. Cause it's mostly a master tool, where I need this fine steps.
Greater steps I do by using dropping the line first at the working point follows by mousewheel fine adjustments.
I was also fine with the v3 behaviour, but you can’t do this fine adjustments only with the mouse, you always needed a key modifier = shift.
Maybe it’s only a other, in my opinion improved workflow!

Greenstorm33: you don’t need to hold ctrl on the knobs for fine adjustments. Only using mousewheel and the other hand is free for an icecold beer.

Thanks for the mouse wheel tip; I didn't realize you could do that. As for the adjustment with the modifier key, the problem I have with it is that the range of mouse speeds where you're making fine adjustments at a reasonable rate is extremely narrow. I either end up moving too slowly and the knob doesn't move at all or I move too quickly and the value jumps around. The maximum adjustment amount is also way too high - you can literally go from a knob at 0% to 100% with the flick of your mouse. If I wanted to make those kind of coarse adjustments I wouldn't be using fine adjustment mode.

Always happy to support Toneboosters..! Another great release... :tu:

1. Is it possible to turn off the tooltip 'hint/help' pop-ups..? Looked in the manual, didn't find anything...
2. I'd rather have the small data box 'readout' display (gain/freq) like they have in the Acon Digital Equalise (top of page 3), when you hover or click/drag a node
3. Agree with others about course/fine adjustment of controls, and mouse-wheel 'sensitivity'.
4. How to audition the individual nodes.? What is this key 'a' that is mentioned - the computer keyboard 'A' key..? If I press that and try and adjust (in Studio One) all it does is turn my tracks to Automation view in the Track Header..!

Cheers,
thebutler
Last edited by thebutler on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.40; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.6.1; UR44 audio/MIDI

MRT wrote:Minor EQ4 update just uploaded.
Equalizer 4.0.2

Added visual indicator for dragger alt/control key modifiers
Increased sensitivity for mousewheel Q adjustments
Fixed side-chain input in some hosts not working properly
Say NO to CLAP!

My thanks to thebutler for mentioning the Manual. TB_Plugins_Manual Had to dig around to find it?

Found this jem that I was not aware of ....

Audition function
When dragging a node, hold the ‘a’ key to enable the ‘audition’ mode.
In that mode you will only hear the
frequencies that are affected by the current filter section.
Use this function to quickly find offending frequencies
you would like to process or modify.

MRT wrote:My thanks to thebutler for mentioning the Manual. TB_Plugins_Manual Had to dig around to find it?

Found this jem that I was not aware of ....

Audition function
When dragging a node, hold the ‘a’ key to enable the ‘audition’ mode.
In that mode you will only hear the
frequencies that are affected by the current filter section.
Use this function to quickly find offending frequencies
you would like to process or modify.
Have you got this working ok for you..? Can I ask what host/OS you are on please..?

TIA
thebutler

PS:- And yes, why is it so tricky to find the manual to download..? :)
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.40; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.6.1; UR44 audio/MIDI

i can not understand how a.i. assistant works.

nicksohn wrote:i can not understand how a.i. assistant works.
I assume similar as iZotope Neutron Track Assistant (which is obviously more comprehensive than TB EQ4).
But it’s interesting to see that artificial intelligence is increasingly used for mixing and mastering. This will not be the end of the story...

Return to “Effects”