u-he ACE vs Oddity2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Inappropriate tone...

Anyway, that's what I had found when I entered "tilt equalizer" in Google:

"Virtually everyone has used a tone knob that turns clockwise for more treble & less bass, and counterclockwise for more bass & less treble. This ubiquitous EQ is called a tilt equalizer, and it is able to create unique frequency curves with just a few parts."

I thought you were making fun of the idea of using a tilt eq in production. it's not too common, but there's a number of dedicated tilt eq plugins, that can be counted on for good results just like any other type.

Someone has probably already said this, but duophonic synths use a rudimentary form of polyphony by sending different notes to different oscillators. In the “olden days” this allowed for some chord playing and some neat tricks with sync and ring mod. These types of things can be built in a modular rig too. It gives a very different sound depending on how it’s implemented and what the architecture of the synth is. There are fun things you can do with duophonic or even triphonic sounds where each oscillator is played separately but then the rest of the signal path is shared. This is one of the few things I often use Softube modular for. 3 of their simple sine oscillators fm’ed to each other and then synced to a master low not will give you some otherwise unobtainable sounds.

All that being said, the most famous and recognizable duophonic sound is that of the odyssey and if you are looking at those type of old prog rock ring mod sounds, it does them very well and with minimal setup. The u-he synths do quite well with this also, but it’s not quite as straightforward in my experience.

Edit: I didn’t read past the first couple of posts, so this has probably already been covered.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Yeah, duophonic playing can be fun! One example most people probably know is the lead from NIN - The hand that feeds (at ~1:38): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwhBRJStz7w

Return to “Instruments”