Nord Modular vs modern vsti alternatives

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:50 pm
xavinet wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:19 pm
mjudge55 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:38 pm I'll be shocked if there isn't a reply indicating Reaktor can do all NM can and more -- in terms of synthesis -- with less artifacts. It's been 20 years, if today's software isn't objectively crushing NM's that would be dumb. The strength of NM is in the things it does that Reaktor doesn't try to do, like being a standalone instrument.
I would love to use Reaktor as a a replacement for my (5) G2. I bought it, but I cannot modulate parameters from 8 sources at the same time in different ranges.
What do you mean by that? Different CCs?
I mean, in Reaktor, I didn't find a way to replicate that easy macros of Nord G2. Every Macro allow full control of any parameter in any range. Every parameter can be controlled by several Macros at the same time, in a relative way, like in Kontakt, in Mainstage, Equator among others. Why Reaktors doesn't have a so simple way to assign various controllers to the same parameter in different ranges...?

perhaps it could be built,
I think all you would need is a midi learn script,
and a knobby ui

xavinet wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:06 am I mean, in Reaktor, I didn't find a way to replicate that easy macros of Nord G2. Every Macro allow full control of any parameter in any range. Every parameter can be controlled by several Macros at the same time, in a relative way, like in Kontakt, in Mainstage, Equator among others. Why Reaktors doesn't have a so simple way to assign various controllers to the same parameter in different ranges...?
Because its designed for construction at a lower level than the G2, so the expectation is that you build parameter modulation systems like this yourself. So if you think that Reaktor should have some predefined system locked in for all ensembles, then sorry, no, and its way too late in the universe for that to happen retrospectively, and it would probably break everything that already existed that's been built in Reaktor.

How much of an impact that actually has will depend on how you intend to use Reaktor. If you dont build your own stuff, and expect this kind of modulation system to apply to the many thousands of existing ensembles out there, well that just aint gonna happen unless you roll up your sleeves and modify them all one by one.
If you actually want to work at the level of the G2, then you'll need to design the components that implement that kind of a modulation system, and incorporate them into your own creations. Blocks would possibly be a good level to do that at, its the level that's closest to the Nords.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I think you could build this macro controlling module,
and it would not be that hard to apply it to any Reaktor synth.
It is required that the knob in the synths/fxs has midi learn though afaic think
It might not be that much work really,
but, some

Just installed the G2 Software on an old MacBook Air running Mohave and am pleased to discover that my G2 Engine supports poly aftertouch from my new NI Kontrol S61

nice!

my Engine is right in front of me,
running on an xp vm

Return to “Modular Synthesis”