Phobia Station [More SynthEdit Crappage!]

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

I'm new. But I come bearing SnythEdit gifts... :?

I've been trying to avoid the urge to share my SynthEdit creations because I know most people are looking for "native code" VSTi's - hell, I'm the same way. I think I've only checked out a few of the SynthEdit VSTi's since the ability to "Save as VST" was added.

I made Phobia Station a couple of months ago and it just recently went through a few changes and modifications (I needed a few more sounds.) I designed it to fill a personal niche - it's sort of an "all-purpose mono synth." Phobia is not just another analog-sound-alike. (In my opinion, anyway.) I've got plenty of those. It's a bit digital sounding, but a little on the fat side. It's cold but warm... It's a bit twisted I guess. I have problems, okay?

So I made a manual, a license (The license is so greedy people don't put it on compilation CDs and sell it on eBay... those dirty bastids!), and packed them up with the dll in a nice little zip file and threw together a website, all in the name of love.

It's eats CPU cycles for fun.

Let me know what you think. I have fun using it... someone else here is bound to as well. I hope...

http://www.noslogan.com/VST/PhobiaStation/Phobia.html

Very nice bass on this. It's got that bass that hits you right in the middle of your chest. Favorite patch: TandyCoCO+3. Neat, and just on the usable side of different. Thanks for sharing it!
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Nice FAQ :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: Nice Interface, very clear. I especially like the knobs, I'm suprised you didn't skin the rotary switches to match.. Now that I've finished salivating over how the thing looks I'll download it and hear how it sounds.. nice work.

Atb

http://www.ianweb.dial.pipex.com

very nice synth

now THIS is where VSTi's should be at!!!
if more programmers would be as progressive, we wouldn't be hearing
the same old sounds and emulations!

amazing what creative modulation can do! ;)
A+!...it's a shame it came out *after* the voting thread!

MUCH praise to you, no_barcode, for a KICK-ASS little machine...
now let's see a polyphonic version!

p.s. it looks GREAT, too!!!

Thanks for the replies! :D

I appreciate the feedback very much and have already begun a few modifications and/or started adding some additions based on each of your replies.

Again, thanks for the kind words!

Later

i`m getting some really evil harsh but lovely digital sounds out of phobia
oh yeah... and it looks lovely

fanfuckintastic cheers :D

I rarely reply to new VSTi's postings, heartburn was one of them. Phobia deserves another :

Phobia definitely fits a niche that was missing: cold agressive analog synths.
Damn, I really like this synth.
Good job on the documentation, kudos to you ! and FAW is hilarious :wink:

Perhaps you could include a limiter/compressor with it ? how about a tempo delay, that would rock !

-Des

Mmmmm.....chewy. I pulled her up in Fruity and she makes a nice, sizzly industrial sound....

Hello!

I've updated Phobia Station:
  • Fixed a feedback loop that occurred if you tweaked the quantizer with an LFO.

Added 32 more patches.
Okay, maybe not really worthy of a post, but being able to freakout the quantizer with an LFO is a pretty important part of this synth. So there ya have it.

-Nathan

Return to “Modular Synthesis”