Anyone excited by what they heard from NAMM

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I may have missed something, but I am not really excited about anything that was announced at NAMM. There are some nice things that I may be interested in buying, but I cannot think of much that inspires me to save my money. Are companies becoming more conservative as more people get interested in making their own music, or are they running out of ideas?

Too bad I couldn't demo GOMP there :) hehe

NAMM seemed more hyped this year... at least by us here! Anyway, there were a couple of interesting announcements:

Steinway collaberating on a virtual piano is big news to those from a classical piano background

The Edirol R-09 portable recording device looks like it could be something I'll not be able to live without!

NI KORE was at least interesting. Not sure yet whether it will amount to something radical or not...

Adobe Audition 2.0 (announced independantly of NAMM but in the same week!) is certainly more interesting than anything announced at NAMM itself. Truly groundbreaking stuff!!

To be honest though, most stuff announced made me yawn. But then again the software I am most into gets updated in the Autuimn, not the Spring (Ableton and Cakewalk).

hhmmmm - that m-audio controller with the endless rotaries looks nice - that's about it for me.
Oh the new orchestral refills look ok also I guess.

i hope the Korg PadKontrol thingie will be good, i need drumpads...

AcidPro 6 will be worth a look on release in March...

Wavelab6 too, with the new stretching thingy

daGuru wrote:Wavelab6 too, with the new stretching thingy
The irony with WaveLab 6 is that Steinberg went big with the fact that it now offers Frequency Spectrum editing - a feature that Adobe Audition has had for aroudn 2 years now... ...and in the same week, Adobe announced Audition 2 which takes frequency spectrum editing to a whole new level, including phase, pan, etc.

Seems to me that Steinberg were once again stumped by the announcement of a product that seriously outdoes it on so many levels, and yet costs around half as much. :shrug:

i wasnt thrilled by the namm announcements this year either. the only thing that sparks my interest is openlabs' miko but its way out of my price range.

-ugo

@headquest:

You're probably right, but I still prefer the Wavelab GUI for some weird reason, dang, it's not even coded in C++ .... LOL

I was completely thrilled that there wasn't anything new at NAMM I wanted to buy. :D

The new Akai wind controller looks kind of interesting.
Regards, Mike

The new sounds coming out of the Alesis Fusion were pretty awesome :) There were some real "wallet wobblers" in there !

A real Triton/TR/Fantom/Motif beater.

There are a load of people pissing their pants with excitement over a fuzzy screenshot.
Now with improved MIDI jitter!

I'm just curious though, if you weren't thrilled by namm this year were you thrilled with the announcements of last years' namm?

i think we'll all agree that it's a subjective issue as with anything else in music production, but for some people the announcements really push some people's buttons. I mean even this new MOTU Ethno instruments looks sweet to me and this one came in at the tail end of announcements.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”