44%
APOLLO
17%
Other
15%

Total votes: 41

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I voted for Muton... not sure I like Luna much either, mostly for the same reasons pljones said (Creamwares's Luna cards).

However, as a French speaker, I see Muton and immediately think "mouton" (sheep, in French). :)

But I don't mind it, and definitely prefer Muton over Apollo. The latter, for me, conjures more images of the NASA space program than of the Greek god of music.

-K
http://www.plogue.com/bidule/
~ Plogue Bidule User ~

I'm not sure I like any of the names. Muton reminds me of Mutron, and the others just don't strike me as names of sequencers.

Muton's the best of that bunch though, and Muton/mouton is pretty funny.

How about othe mu words, like muso, muse, musist, mutator?

I also don't mind simply calling it Mutools. (actually think that's a pretty good one)
Last edited by shamann on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Improv wrote:
Branis wrote:MU-TONE ?
Moo-tone? :P

With genu-wine cowhide skins? :D
:cry: :hihi:

I got better one (I hope)
MUTANT

I also like the idea of keeping "mu" as a prefix, for the sake of consisency and to reflect the products origins if nothing else. So here are some more suggestions to throw into the pot:

MUTOOT
MUTUNE
MUZIK
MUZIC

Or if the host is going to be the first in a line of products why not call the host something like MUTOOLBOX and give the plugins names like MUHAMMER, MUSAW etc.

Just a thought!

Calum

What about MuTracks / MuTraxx ?

muzycian wrote:What about MuTracks / MuTraxx ?
Im not felling the whole "Mu" thing... Sounds kinda cheezy... Still voting Luna. that sounds perfect to me..

i must admit whenever i wrote emails to jo discussing the alpha's i kept finding myself typing mutool instead of muton, so i guess subconciously i prefer mutool.
voted luna

I voted for Luna.

muzycian wrote:I'm not sure how to practically organize a competition about this.

How would you select "the winner"?

The one who launched the winning name?

But then everyone needs to launch a new name so to make chance, right?

Would that work?
Since it's your product, Jo, and we are all just trying to be helpful to an old friend, then it would be your decision as to the final name and the winner; because it is your livelihood at stake here.

That being said and settled, I have to say there are some good names mentioned here so far. I, personally, agreeing with Shamann, like MuTools, and Jo's MuTracks/MuTraxx. And, too, Luna is starting to grow on me also.

So if the contest is on, if it's good for you Jo, and it's definitely your call, then, "Let the name calling begin!!! Hey, hey, hey, hey, no hair pulling or eyegouging over this, hey that's enough of that over there!!!!" :hihi:

I'm thinking, I'm thinking. :D :D :D

I'm throwing these into the hat: LunaModule - LunarModule - Music Module.
Last edited by rogerperrin on Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
RogerPerrin

I'm up to my old hat tricks again.

OK, here's some more possibilities:

ZION
ARCADIA
FURY
AMARANTH
ESSENCE
UMBRA
KINDRED

Just some suggestions...
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

If someone comes up with a winning name, he'll surely get a lifetime user license for the top version!

Elektra

you could also mix it with luna: elektraluna or elektralune
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

scratch it - I think I'm gonna use Elektraluna as a band-name. :-D :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

mutools

Okay, thought about it overnight and:

MuzeNouveau, MuzeNuvo, MuzeNuveau Nuvo-Muze, Nouveau Muze, Muze

MuzeNewVeau, NewMuze, MuzeDeVieux

MuzoNuvo, MuzoNouveau,

NeoMuze - iffy on this one - sounds weird.

:shrug: Anyway, that's all I've got right now, Jo. :D :D
I'll think about it while at work today.
RogerPerrin

I'm up to my old hat tricks again.

Return to “MUTOOLS”