Touchpad 2 Midi - new free plugin from Livelab.dk

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ohm wrote:got word from Alps support finally, and they'll send me a NDA to fill out, then eventually it looks like I'll get the SDK - This means Alps support in a not too distance future - I'll post a news item here at KVR when it's ready.
That's great news! :) Time to budget for a few USB touchpads!

great news!
kostrz

lung wrote:
ohm wrote:got word from Alps support finally, and they'll send me a NDA to fill out, then eventually it looks like I'll get the SDK - This means Alps support in a not too distance future - I'll post a news item here at KVR when it's ready.
That's great news! :) Time to budget for a few USB touchpads!
I'm not so sure about the USB touchpads - the Alps support guy said that cirque touchpads don't use Alps drivers. I'll buy a usb touchpad myself and see what happens when I plug it in :-)
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Not working on fujitsu-siemens AMILO with some touchpad (does not producer) but it user synaptics driver.....
Does notning att all...
Why?
/M

magseg wrote:Not working on fujitsu-siemens AMILO with some touchpad (does not producer) but it user synaptics driver.....
Does notning att all...
Why?
/M
did you press CAPS-LOCK (activates the touchpad)

Problem! I set this up with SAVIhost/Maple/Reason4 and it works great with CC messages, but I can't get it to work with notes.
ohm wrote:Regarding changing CC range this is done much better in the midi receiver.
I would still greatly appreciate such an option in Touchpad2Midi, as it is not always possible in the receiver.

Another feature request I have is a different option to enable it instead of caps lock. It's annoying having caps lock on when you go to type something, especially when you have an external mouse anyways (as I think most T2M users probably do) so you don't need a convenient toggle key.

One last thing: My touchpad has a vertical scroll area on the right side that doesn't move the mouse by itself, but does affect the pressure center if you touch it while you're touching the main pad. For some reason it doesn't generally work for its intended use, i.e. scrolling, but maybe I have it set wrong in the driver or something. But anyways, would it be possible to use this as a persistent vertical slider? As in it would still change controller assignment with the button modifiers, but it would be separate zone, independent of the xy/slider/button layout.

Oops, just thought of another FR: If you have a "no buttons" "left button" and "right button" why not a "both buttons"?

Other than these, I'm very happy I found this program--it's just what I've been looking for--and I may try out the tablet one too! Thanks!

excellent ideas, I'll remember them if / when I release another version. Currently I'm not using a laptop so personal motivation to work on this is rather low, and since it's free... well, you know there's not the financial motication either, so no promises.

Seems to work on a Packard Bell Easy Note as well, but:
I use Cubase SE and and I try to use the Touchpad 2 Midi-plugin to send Midi Messages to a Softsynth (what else for?). The problem is, that the track input must be set to "Tochpad 2 Midi", which means, that my softsynth doesn't receive from my USB-keyboard anymore.
why doesn't my track receive from Touchpad 2 Midi when the input is switched to "All MIDI Ins"? Can I do something to make it work this way or do I have to use the standalone version with the virtual midi wiring?
Cheers
Sören
und doch, doch, und doooooch!

ohm wrote:...so personal motivation to work on this is rather low, and since it's free... well, you know there's not the financial motication either, so no promises.
Maybe you want to make it open source :) ? I'd be very much interested in both the source code and the further developing thereof.

Kind regards
Sören

virtualinsanity wrote:
ohm wrote:...so personal motivation to work on this is rather low, and since it's free... well, you know there's not the financial motication either, so no promises.
Maybe you want to make it open source :) ? I'd be very much interested in both the source code and the further developing thereof.

Kind regards
Sören
It's a nice idea, and I'd like to support the open source concept, but I'm afraid there will be problems with the alps support - I had to sign an NDA to get the developer kit - that can't be done for an open source app.
It's perhaps possible, to separate the alps support in a library and open the rest of the source, but my experience tells me these legal issues are a pain...
Other than that, I can see no reason to hold on to the source. I'm using freely available SDK's : VST-GUI and the Synaptics SDK.

What a pity...
How much time will I need to get the synaptics SDK to work?
I'm an average VST-developer and I am currently working on my diploma thesis, so that's why I am a bit under pressure. Do you think it's possible in a few days work?
Thanks
Sören

When/if an ALPS compatible version comes out, I'll be the first to download it. (I just wanted o encourage you a bit.) ;)
Also, if you need a beta tester, I'll be there for you.
blog - Follow my DIY modular synth project!
Packets of knowledge

nitro2k01 wrote:When/if an ALPS compatible version comes out, I'll be the first to download it. (I just wanted o encourage you a bit.) ;)
Also, if you need a beta tester, I'll be there for you.
when an ALPS touchpad is within my reach, I'll be the first to implement it :wink:

Great idea. Last week i had live performance, i wish i knew that before - I ve downloaded the program, tried to use as standalone to work with ableton. But i couldn't even activate it. Caps lock is doin nothing. I did what manuel tells. Running the program. When i open caps, still touchpad works like a mouse and nothing happens. I have an Acer 5920, Vista Home, Synaptics touchpad(v.10.0.15 drv). If i can make this work, it is going to be aawesome. Thank you.

Do you know any external/USB touchpad which works with touchpad 2 MIDI?

Thanks for this great piece of software!

Return to “Livelab.dk”