LUNA PreRelease 3

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wanted bypass to be as quick and easy to access as possible: a simple toggle against the effect in the rack to switch it in or out, with a visible indication of state (similar to a track mute). I wouldn't bother with the context menu - in that case, just stick with the editor panel. I tend to leave lots (and lots) of windows open...

DELETED

michi_mak wrote:ok, did some sort of investigation : no, i didn't change my asiosettings. "crashing with every audio" should have been "crashing with every audio i recorded" and maybe i found a reason ( or at least a workaround ) : i recorded only a signal present at the left channel of my stereo analog input - after changing the input source of the right "audio in" channel everything works ok up to now !!!???
btw what do you mean with "fresh install" ? i didn't find any installer routine? ( and no - i didn't delete pr1 prior to running pr3 cause i didn't see any point in this ).
i keep my fingers crossed...
With a "fresh install" i mean: unzip the zip package again to a new folder.

Please do try this fresh install because there indeed could be an issue with the LUNA audio engine not being properly setup if you just run the PR3 exe from within a PR1 folder.

Especially when recording: because the asio channels are not properly selected, then recording could occur from 0 (zero) channels, and that indeed leads to a crash. This very situation will be fixed in PR4.

But again, please try a fresh install (=unzip) of the PR3 package, and select from which channels you want to record from (record button->context menu)
maybe i will start a new thread within the next days to bring together some fr and thoughts about "my needs for my very host".
OK :)

Another "I'm sure I saw it": where do I set beats per bar..?

In the composition context menu => right-click the composition background.

muzycian wrote:In the composition context menu => right-click the composition background.
*shakes head in confusion* I'm sure I looked there -- but it's definitely there now..! Thanks.

Managed to crash PR3:
http://www.drealm.info/luna/200608261720-drwtsn32.log
I changed my sound card's buffer size from 64 to 128 bits through its ASIO control panel, got back to LUNA's Edit-Audio panel and hit OK, then it crashed. There was audio playing whilst I was doing it.

Indeed, i can imagine that this could cause a crash.

As a temporary 'solution', PR4 will auto save the current session, so to avoid possible loss of creativity.

Is PR4 a close realease? ;)

It's to be released as soon as possible.

The truth is that i'm also very busy with renovating a house my girlfriend and i bought some time ago.

We hoped to renovate it step by step, but it turned out that that was not the best strategy here.

So we're going the hard way: everything in 1 big go.

We're sleeping in a little camper near the house meanwhile.

Of course, that creates some time stress.

Some basic things must be finished asap, and surely before winter: bathroom, heathing system, kitchen, bed room, ...

I'm telling you this because you have the right to know this, as it naturally affects LUNA's development.

I'm doing the best i can to combine everything.

This is what's already in PR4:

* New: Support for vst MIDI plugins
* New: Audio Input can be monitored thru a mixer strip
* New: Audio Recording: You can choose whether recorded audio is auto normalized
* New: Transport Panel has a Loop button
* New: Added "Edit in List Editor" in sequence part context menu

* Tuned: Sequence editor: zoom out takes part length into account
* Tuned: Loading new synth connects to first mixerstrip if no mixerstrip is focussed => more easy :)
* Tuned: On first run, Add VST Plugins comes after Audio and MIDI setup
* Tuned: When opened from Player Panel, mixer strip editor always uses a large strip panel
* Tuned: Composition Cycle can be as small as you want (except zero)
* Tuned: For safety, the current session is auto saved before the audio setup panel is shown

* Fixed: Recording from 0 channels caused a crash
* Fixed: Copy-Duplicate Sequence Part: When session was reloaded the duplicated sequence was gone
* Fixed: Windows: Saving a session in the root folder of a drive caused a problem when recording new audio files
* Fixed: When changing skins, individual mixer strip editor crashed when reopened
* Fixed: "Loop Selecteds" could cause a lockup when nothing was selected
* Fixed: Import Midi File: Tempo issue

I want to finish the MIDI plugin support (it's already working, but it needs some final tests, e.g. when using an arpegiator -> timing correctness), add bypassing for effect plugins, check some issue with audio input monitoring, and evaluate some final things regarding the basic workflow.

Then PR4 will be released :)

And that should be a version 1.0 release candidate.

I'm definitely dreaming and thinking a lot on the future of LUNA, on how it can reincarnate the best of Muzys, and how it can evolve to a more powerful sequencer/host, including an integrated sampler/synth, realtime loop matching etc...

While maintaining a f**king easy attitude.

Cheers,

Jo

f**king right- I'm in for the ride :tu:

Great, Jo! :love:

Can't wait for PR4. (And the rest!) Keep up the good work!

Two things in one message...

#1 (easy) Any chance of .Ims file import in LUNA? Doesn't have to be perfect (basic song structure, players and mixer layout)...

#2 (hard) I've a strange problem with Kontakt2 mixdown-to-file. It definitely looks like something K2 related as, when I tried CM-505 instead (worked okay in this context, as it happens), it mixed down fine. So... is it just K2? Should I go moan at NI..? Here's the evidence:

When I play back in realtime, everything is okay:
http://www.drealm.info/luna/Rhodes-VxRecorder.m3u

However, when I use mixdown to file, it all goes wrong:
http://www.drealm.info/luna/Rhodes-LUNA.m3u

The VxRecorder (Voxengo Recorder) version has about two seconds silence on the front I forgot to trim... but you can hear the difference clearly between 10 and 15 seconds in, where the hihats continue playing.

Weirdly, I got exactly the same problem when I tried this in Muzys, too (which I tried first, as it happens... hence #1 ;)).

Session file for LUNA
Project file for Muzys

Oh, and good luck with the renovations!

pljones wrote:Two things in one message...

#1 (easy) Any chance of .Ims file import in LUNA? Doesn't have to be perfect (basic song structure, players and mixer layout)...
I'm working on possible recuperation. At this time, chance is only 5% though. Hope to know more within a month or 2 (3).
#2 (hard) I've a strange problem with Kontakt2 mixdown-to-file...
I'll dig deeper into this asap.
Oh, and good luck with the renovations!
Thanks!

Return to “MUTOOLS”