Share in the Man's Hallucinations

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

www.bigwussy.net/music_samples/296.mp3

A slow mellow softly distorted tranquil thing.

Wow, that's not tranquil at all.
It sound like the music to the scene of a man who is
aggitatedly mumbling, "Gotta keep it together, gotta keep it together" on the subway.

Sort of along the lines of "Crystal Japan" by Bowie.

Very nice. There's some warbling sounds in there that require a dose of scopalamine!

i found it quite tranquil, just goes to show that tunes evoke different emotions in different people.

very nice, soft and warm, like a good duvet :D

Yeah, I see what runagate's getting at, there's something unhinged in this. Not sure what or why, though.

Really like it.

Liked the overall mood created and enjoyed the various filtered delayed lines. The menacing hint of distortion in the bass sound was cool. The eerie melody grabbed me and while the phrasing was odd in a halting sort of way, I think it worked. The later pads had too much detuning for my taste. I think you could get an equal throb by using a tremelo and have 'em be in tune.

sounded like your capstains need some truing up! :lol:
As Shane suggests, it seems to get a bit too much towards the end...
I see how you're using it as a tension device, but (imo) tensions need a tiny bit more resolution (i.e. ease out the warped effect a little earlier, by a secound or so, or before the last phrase of the melody) or conversly warp the end into another dimension [echo on]the n n nn nnnnnnnnth DIE MEN SHUNnnnn [/echo off]

(sorry my stream player (old qt) doesn't give out times. otherwise I could be more specific)

Still... mood is cool and another really nice mix. Did I mention that you're getting rly good at this here mixin' stuff.
for entertaining porpoises only

Wonderful! Really interesting how different the takes on this are. Thanks for the comments runagate, blaster, shamann, and Shane. About the pads, I experimented with different speeds and intensities of vibrato interacting with the filter modulation (which is a pitch shift on its own) but perhaps filter modulation (I don't think that affects the tuning to a noticeable degree) and tremolo would have done the trick. Any way thanks for the constructive criticism Shane.

What Shane doesn't like is one of the main things I find appealing about this song. After about 20 listens it makes me think I should go back and watch Ghost Dog a few more times.

oooh 20 listens! That's an ego booster.

Great work - and the wibbly detuned thing sorta takes it into another realm - can imagine it on some early 80s psychological thriller (in a good way). :cool:
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

is there any other way for an early 80s psychological thriller.

thanks for checking it out jaaathmaster :D

Bump.

really gettin a sci film feel from this something like bladerunner or terminator perhaps...
love all the detuned synths and bass lines but to my ears the rolling military drums could do with a little dirt and perhaps less rigidity to sit better with the backing.
love the intro :love:

After reading runagate's post, I must agree that this seems like the theme of a man who is walking alone somewhere, by himself, his steps ever growing faster. The beat is wonderful, don't change it! :D
:/:\

Um yeah, the Johnny didnt like it. The BladeRunner meets Boards of Canada thing just didnt fly with me. And the early 80's new wave drum bit.. nah. Some how it just didnt get me to do anything, I didnt groove, think nor become ecstatic. Im gonna try to sleep by it. Sorry Genetic, wasnt my cup o tea.
Why cry about your own desires, when I could have them and leave you standing in the sadness of your own....

Return to “Music Cafe”