My debut as a vocalist has arrived. Buckle up...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.hammerscape.com/mp3/skullsonstaves.mp3

:oops:

Well, I said I was gonna make a doom metal band, and so it's time to quit flirting with goth-fusion stuff on all the demos and finally do a proper doom track. Arrrgh! I suppose it fits somewhere between Sludge Doom and Funeral Doom as far as genre goes.

Visit HammerScape.com to hear other ideas.

Special thanks to xoxos for his plugs because it was the ability to have a tuned anvil that really got this track going for me. I love having percussion that serves the artist fully. Thanks!!!

Grabbing now. :)
:phones: :singer: :band:

Nice atmosphere Shane, but I was kind of hoping for some nice distorted guitars and a bit more "doom" to it, although this does have a certain kind of "My Dying Bride" to it. Which I really like. Has some paralells to their more earthy and less chaotic stuff.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Is the link down for anyone else?
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Just uploaded a better mix. Worked on the vocals a bit, not that it helps. Hehe.

@Amberience
Well this is my own take on a genre in a way, so I'm not looking to really plug directly into a scene and fit right in. The guitars sound heavy and doomed to me, at least funeral doomed. For me, it's the intervals that sink something into heaviness and the timbre is secondary to that, but definitely a big part of it.

Did it not feel heavy? How loud did you listen?

Watto wrote:Is the link down for anyone else?
You probably caught me re-upping. Try again, should be fine now. :)

Downloading now :)
Last edited by Watto on Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shane Sanders wrote: Did it not feel heavy? How loud did you listen?
Could've been a loudness issue, it was late when I listened.. listening again now on headphones, same thing for me.

But it does manage that doomish kind of "oppression" on the senses, so my comments weren't at all negative, just that you threw my expectations out the window a little - which like you just intimated, was your intent.

:D
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

hey...didnt you used to make soundscapes? what happened to your web site? or am I thinking of someone else...:D

oooh...can i make samples for sample squad? looks interesting. :)

oh yes...the track. mix sounds good...cany say I cared for it though, not really ,my thing...but well executed!

:10: wrote:hey...didnt you used to make soundscapes? what happened to your web site? or am I thinking of someone else...:D
I still make soundscapes and all kinds of other styles of music. In fact, I posted a scape this week:

http://www.shanesanders.com/kvrtemp/nobrightdays.mp3
:10: wrote: oooh...can i make samples for sample squad? looks interesting. :)
If it's percussion oriented, I'm totally open to hearing what you have done and what you want to do for a pack. I'm hard to please, so don't take offense if I pass.
:10: wrote: oh yes...the track. mix sounds good...cany say I cared for it though, not really ,my thing...but well executed!
Yeah, it's a sub-genre of a sub-genre of a sub-genre... hardly anyone's bag at all. lol.

:10: has some some amazing stuff with percussive noises. I've heard some of his tracks over at the Auditorium (I need to hang out there more!) and it was really cool stuff.

I remember a track he did with a load of medieval looking objects - very cool song!

Amberience wrote::10: has some some amazing stuff with percussive noises. I've heard some of his tracks over at the Auditorium (I need to hang out there more!) and it was really cool stuff.

I remember a track he did with a load of medieval looking objects - very cool song!
Cool. The stranger the better.

I reckon it could have heavier guitar/bass sounds as well. Your singing is perfectly indicative of the style (well, what I know of it, anyway), so that wasn't the weak point for me, and your drum programming was great.

:)

Return to “Music Cafe”