cs-80v presets

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is there anyone outthere making vangelis type sound banks for the cs-80v?. ive tried and well, failed as im pretty new to sound design.some of the encloased presets with the synth are close but not quite there.any help would be appreciated.

I too have tried, and have read posts by people who know the real CS-80 that much of Vangelis' CS-80 sound comes from offboard effects rather than the synth alone. IOW, by itself you won't get "that sound" but if you can nail the effects too you're there.

The KVR member I think of in connection with CS-80V is Omissis, who appears to know the original hardware very well and who advised Arturia on several of the changes that were made in version 1.5. Dunno whether he's made/released any presets but it's something you can use in a forum search. Good luck!

I did a bank of 50 a good while ago, including a few very Vangelissy ones. Google "Tomeso Howards 50". I don't know how many of them still sound as intended on the latest CS80V (I already noticed some were messed up by V1.5).

Well you can try this one I made up a while ago, and then play with the lowpass cutoff of both VCOs.

But you have to use a good reverb : )

Oh the file is in .fxp because I refuse to use their crappy preset import/export. So use EnergyXT to open it.

Return to “Sound Design”