Eldery Instruments (interesting site)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://elderly.com/welcome.htm

I just stumbled on it, but I haven't checked out too much yet...seems there's plenty to see..:)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Just discovering Elderly, Hink?

Awesome bunch! And it is the place to buy a Martin.

:tu: :tu: :tu:
Drum machines are people too.

If I remember correct you use to live in this neck of the woods right? Did you ever hear of guitar gallery in derry nh?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Nope. Is that new?

I used to do a lot of business with a place called Music Factory that started in Manchester then expanded to Salem, and another place in Salem called Music Workshop (took lessons there a very long time ago). Are any of them still around? It's gotta be an even tougher biz to be in these days with on-line shops...

That was my local guitar store growing up. I used to ride my bike there at least twice a week after school.

-S.

Ok. I shouldn't ever look at that site again. The vintage Fender basses...mmmmm,yeah....that's nice...

If only I have several thousand dollars to spend on instruments...

I bought my old Plexi at Music Worshop in Salem...it moved across the street, but I think they went belly up recently...the Music Factory in Manchester was the one in the mill right, my half brother has lived in bedford nh since the 70s, there were two stores on Elm I think and one in old mill buildings we went to a lot.

Guitar gallery has been around at least 15 years, but he moved over to 101 (not sure if he's in Nashua or Amherst)...I might go up this weekend.

Sleek Month wrote:That was my local guitar store growing up. I used to ride my bike there at least twice a week after school.

-S.
that must of been awesome...we have some good stores around here...of course the best part is most of them are in New Hampshire and NH has no sales tax.

@Bradster...why didn't you mention Daddy's? :hihi:

Elderly is guitar mecca for Michiganians. I love going there just to soak in the vibe of so many thousands of excellent guitars all around.

If you are ever in Michigan, you should visit Elderly in Lansing.

-Scott

This is a cool site too

http://www.archtop.com/ac_inst.html

Hink wrote:@Bradster...why didn't you mention Daddy's? :hihi:
Well, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. :D Actually it was just the Salem store that I didn't care for. I know a lot of people that got ripped off there (this was late 70's/very early 80's). The staff always seemed like dicks. Did do a fair amount of biz with the Manchester store though back in my gigging days.

Music Workshop was a one-store husband and wife operation. They started back in the late 70's as well so they may have just decided to retire. For a small store they had a pretty impressive selection of synths IIRC.

As for Music Factory, I'm pretty sure it was on Elm St. (the only main st. in the U.S. that dead ends on both ends). And we used to play this Chinese dive called the Mai Kai or something. Lots of Harley's lined up out front. Those were the days....
Sleek Month wrote:That was my local guitar store growing up. I used to ride my bike there at least twice a week after school.-S.
Elderly?

The last music store I worked at was Daddy's in Nashua...back to Manchester...Elm street had Belle something and about halfway down a music store with someones name, can't remember though...I'm 10 minutes from Nashua (on the same road as the DW highway) and 20 minutes from Salem...I prefer Salem for overall shopping...;)

Hink wrote:...I prefer Salem for overall shopping...;)
Yeah, just not on a Saturday. Though I suppose 28 can't really be all that much worse than Daniel Webster Hwy.

The nearest "no sales tax" state out here is Oregon. Thank god for the web.

you can avoid large chunks of 28 on backroads...the DW has the river fouling everything up...worst strech of road...and like I say, I live on Middlesex...which is the Dw at the border...;)

Oh right, near Drum Hill and that "temporary" bridge. :P

Yeah, I used to know those side roads like the back of my hand. And you're right, So. Nashua is a lost cause. All of So. NH really. One giant suburb of Massachusetts. That chemical plant (Grace?) used to have toxic spills every once in awhile just to add some excitement. Imagine DWH closed for 1/2 day?

Of course here in LA we have the same thing only spread across 8 lanes instead of 2. Pick your poison. Up until this last week I could have said, "but at least we don't have snow and ice to contend with". :hihi:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”